The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

clutch not disengaging

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haupty3

Probationary Member
Aug 4, 2008
atlas, Pennsylvania
:notgood::laser:any help would be GREAT I bought a 93 plymouth laser it needed a clutch so i put brand new clutch pressure plate through out and slave syl bled couple times and still cant put car in gear when running so replased the master syl. bledd again still same thing what am i missing there is no leaks nothing is wet the soft line is not flexing i am lost please any help is good help it is a fwd turbo

it is a 93 plymoth laser fwd turbo

Did you pull back on your clutch pedal after pushing it in? Any bit of movement in the opposite direction means the assembly is worn and absorbing movement via worn parts. Sopmething to look at.

It seems like I had a similar problem along time ago when I installed my sbr 4000 clutch and I wound up making a longer slave cylinder rod to fix it.

I had the same issues. Turned out to be my clutch fork had one of the 2 little fingers break-off. That had me stumped for 2-3 weeks because watching it from under the car showed the whole system working. So I bled the system 4 times with no results. Replaced master, slave and installed SS clutch line. Still no fix. I finally gave up and pulled the tranny to find out what happened.

Order to which you should check.

1) Clutch Pedal Adjustment. It's a b*tch, but you gotta do it.
2) Slave
3) Master
4) Check lines for leaks. Replace rubber line with SS line
5) Clutch fork & pivot ball (requires the removal of the transmission)
6) Pedal Assembly, do this last and aviod at ALL possible costs. It is NOT a fun job. You spend must of the time laying on your back upside down with a beam in the middle of your back. But if you gotta do it, you gotta do it.

Last note, DO NOT USE AN EXTENDED CLUTCH ROD. All it does is damage the hyrdalic system for you clutch. And it doesn't work.

It seems like I had a similar problem along time ago when I installed my sbr 4000 clutch and I wound up making a longer slave cylinder rod to fix it.

i wouldent use the long rod.

under the dash there is a rod that goes from the clutch petal to the clutch slave cylinder it has a lock nut on it. loosen the lock nut and back out the rod at the same time hold the petal up until the rod gets snug then tighen the lock nut and there u go.

i had the same problem, this is what helped me. i hope i explaned it rite.
good luck man.

i wouldent use the long rod.

under the dash there is a rod that goes from the clutch petal to the clutch slave cylinder it has a lock nut on it. loosen the lock nut and back out the rod at the same time hold the petal up until the rod gets snug then tighen the lock nut and there u go.

i had the same problem, this is what helped me. i hope i explaned it rite.
good luck man.
I believe you mean master, not slave.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back