The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

clutch not disengaging

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theslacker2

Probationary Member
Mar 9, 2003
New_JerseyUS
ok here is the story, i got a new ACT 2600 package(tob, disc, ect.) got the flywheel resurfaced. everything you are supposed to do. so start is up and its not disengaging so i go through 2 new slave and master cylinders and ajusted the master trying to find the problem. i muct have bled the lines hundreds of times. still no luck. so then my motor goes and i do a 6 bolt swap with a brand new fidanza flywheel still not disengaging. oh and another thing when we dropped the trans to do the motor the teeth on the pressure plate were flat and i didnt remember it being that way when it was installed. as i take off the bolts that hold it on the teeth start to raise. when torqued back down after the motor was put in they flattened again. so basicly my theory is a faulty pressure plate. anyone ever get a bad act 2600? and does anybody have an idea of something else it could be.
thanks

ok i've read up on this and i hear i should put a washer behind the pivot ball and adjust the master cylinder rod all the way out. anyone else have an idea on a fix for this?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back