The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

cleaned up the engine bay

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trav83

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
Binghamton, New_York
I thought there would have been an official "engine bay photo" thread somewhere but I couldn't find one. So anyway I got bored and decided to clean up my engine bay, it really wasn't that dirty to begin with but it still needed some wiping down. I sprayed a few things that were rusty with black engine paint :coy:

Comments are welcome and maybe a few others could post pics of their engine bay to give me some ideas.

engine1_184271.jpg

LOL True but hey look at the bright side, you get to wipe and polish everything with ease ;)

Looks good bro, but get a timing belt cover on there.

What did you use to clean it all up? The best thing to do is get a 2000psi pressure washer and so degreaser and go to town. Afterwards I then polish everything with a regular metal polish.

What did you use to clean it all up? The best thing to do is get a 2000psi pressure washer and so degreaser and go to town. Afterwards I then polish everything with a regular metal polish.

I just wiped it down with some all purpose cleaner, didn't really wanna spend too much time on it. I own a pressure washer but I think it's only like 1600-1800psi. I've washed it once with it and when I did I took the battery out and covered up my CAS and air filter but I still worry about damaging stuff :(

Holy crap...that should be able to strip paint :)

LOL I think you've been misinformed about pressure washers, mine is not very powerful. I mainly use it to wash the outside of my car, and it works great for that.

Engine bay looks good, maybe make a plate to mount the battery just above the tranny. I think it looks way cleaner, its real tight with stock battery tho and you have to remove your charcoal cannister

Engine bay looks good, maybe make a plate to mount the battery just above the tranny. I think it looks way cleaner, its real tight with stock battery tho and you have to remove your charcoal cannister

It's funny that you say that because I took the battery out when I was wiping everything down (to make it easier) and I did like how less cluttered it looked without the batter... but ya gotta have one ;) I did remove my charcoal canister a long time ago, all my emission devices and lines have been completely removed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back