The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Changing manifolds cracked 1g to evo 9

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankenstein406

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 18, 2008
hell, Wisconsin
My buddys selling me his evo9 pump and mani for $70, but I'm worried about breaking a stud so is it ok to cut the nuts in half and buy new ones? Then run a thread fixer over them? Also will I need a new exhaust gasket for it? Trying to do all the maintence I can find before spring. Thanks everyone! :D

I hope he's charging you $70 for the pump and throwing in the manifold for free, because that manifold will never work on your car. It'll bolt to the head, but nothing else.

Shit so I need the 8? :(
Try lower....like 3.

Nope, you need an evo3 manifold if you want an evo manifold. Also I would just ignore your studs unless they break.

The evo9 pump is a good choice but it isn't entirely safe without an AFPR. Mine overruns my stock regulator. Avoid evo8 fuel pumps because they have a pressure relief valve that makes them minimally useful if you run your turbo over about 20psi.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back