The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

changing AC compressor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hectorb25

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 16, 2011
miami, Florida
long time that i havent posted on the forum... but okay. im changing my ac compressor in my 95 gst , one big problem im having is i dont see where to get the compressor out from where it is without dropping the axle , anyone knows what to do or if dropping the axle is the only way ? please help anyone..

If you un bolt your brake reservoir and anything in the way you should be able to bring it up that way. It takes a bit of fiddling to get the right angle, while trying not to lose any compressor oil.

Do it through the top. Like it was stated remove the brake reservoir. Also, a ratcheting wrench is a great tool to unbolt the compressor, also going from the bottom is the easiest way to unbolt it.

the top i just saw it now seems a little tight for the compressor to fit but it is possible right ? what happens if the oil does drip ?

I didnt take it out. I unhooked the bottle to move it out off the way. Just take off the braket then you can leave the fluid in the bottle. Take off the brake booster hose to get it out of the way. Its the fat line on the intake. Just remove it from the side by the resivor. You should be able to get it out with some handling. The way I did it was have someone under the car to push it up to keep all the weight and someone up top to turn it to get it out.

alright man thanks all of you for your help appreciate it i will try this later .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back