The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

CDL training schools

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I wish I had my cdl I would of got a job with coca-cola delivering to stores, they were going to pay me $120 a day and some other benefits. I went down to the dmv got a book to study to get a permit just incase because I plan to re-apply.

I wish I had my cdl I would of got a job with coca-cola delivering to stores, they were going to pay me $120 a day and some other benefits. I went down to the dmv got a book to study to get a permit just incase because I plan to re-apply.

They are pretty strict in my state, if you apply without the cdl schooling you have to find someone who will let you take the final exam in their truck, very hard to find someone who can or will do it. So, I thought the next best thing was a cdl training school.

I have my CDL and it's great. I got trained through my job. I work for UCONN driving the buses around campus

Here I am!

I drive(drove) dump truck.

Basically alot of concrete truck companies will hire new drivers. You will have to take the written test(s) and then once you're hired you will use one of the concrete trucks as a test.

I haven't found a driving job down here in alabama yet but I'm not searching all that hard at the moment.

Once you get your class b get out of the concrete truck and find a dump truck and get some experience and then move up from there.

I was lucky that when I lived in iowa we owned our own dump truck and I drove it on the farm for a bit and learned the ins and outs of the eaton 13 speed and all that jazz. I took my driving test floated all the gears didn't miss a single gear.

I would NOT do those driving/training companies to save my life. (Swift, Werner, schneider,) there are more. Basically they will make you get your permit then you get in a truck with a trainer for like a month not gettting paid shit to learn then you take your written test and drving test. If you pass they give you a piece of shit truck and run you ragged until you're up for a raise and then they cut your miles back big time. I know werner has electronic logs so once you run out of hours your screwed..

another thing If I am in my car or truck and I see a swift truck I get as far away as I could possibly can get from those idiots. Most of them are just that Idiots. They have no business driving a truck let alone running at 80k pounds.

we truckers call swift. Sure wish I finished training. or two ###s in a white semi. LOL

The trucks are abused most of the drivers dont know how to float gears so the trannys are trashed. They dont do a pre trip inspection like they should so they run with low tires/oil coolant you name it. I tell you if you have never had a truck tire blow by you it literally sounds like a bomb. One of my drivers blew one up about 100 yards in front of me and it scared the holy hell out of me and another time I was driving on the interstate about 58k lbs and this retarded women was right on my rear tandem axle and BOOOOOM one of my tires went and she went into the ditch.

These things are not toys.

I drive dump truck and refuse to drive semi because I like being able to sleep in my own bed at night.

OTR driving sucks. Weeks on the road and never home. If you dont have any family at home and basically a loaner then I say drive OTR but other than that there is no way they could pay me enough to do it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back