1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G catch can, dipstick, pcv questions

Posted by jpmxrider489, Sep 8, 2014

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. enriquez2000

enriquez2000 Proven Member

Joined Oct 5, 2014
    fort collins, Colorado
    I used a side -8... no problems with going below baffles

Attached Files:

Street Build 2K  8

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 1G DSM
  2. jpmxrider489

jpmxrider489 Supporting VIP

Joined Apr 4, 2010
    pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I just wanted to update this thread. I did get a 8an sealed catch can from a member on here. Running the can like this solved my dipstick issue. Also I had a local welding shop weld the fittings on top of the valve cover. I would like to clarify that my hood does shut with these fittings.

Attached Files:

2K  3

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. jpmxrider489

jpmxrider489 Supporting VIP

Joined Apr 4, 2010
    pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I'm reviving my old thread as my questions relate to this. My catch can setup is the same two -8 to can and one -8 to turbo pipe. Then the pcv goes to my intake manifold.

I installed my new motor which is 9:1 and balance shafts removed. Does balanced shafts and compression ratio have a factor in crank case pressure?

I am having trouble with my pcv. I have tried 3 different ones. Two from parts store and one OEM. They all leak during a boost leak test. For the guys running 30psi, what do yall use? Summit racing or other manufacturers have check valves that are AN fittings. I was thinking of using a adapter for the pcv port and using one of those check valves. I didnt look at them to see what the crack pressure was.

Are the high boost guys just deleting the pcv? I would like to retain it if I could but having issues I believe.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-220192b/
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-11187/

2K  3

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. ceedawg

ceedawg Supporting Member

Joined Jun 2, 2004
    laurelton, New York
    I have deleted mines. You can cap the hole with a npt nut fitting or like I did have a npt pipe fitting screwed in there with a rubber cap on the valve cover hole and same with the stock intake. 30 psi all day long no dipstick issues anymore with my dual sealed catch can setup hooked up to turbo intake pipe. Or do this
    Smoking when it's cold outside

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    ceedawg

2K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM