The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Catch can / PCV valve

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4g63telantra

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 10, 2004
Toronto, Ontario_Canada
When hooking up a hose from the PCV valve to the catch can, should i remove the pcv valve or should i just run a hose from the PCV to the catch can?

I wouldn't do that.. keep your PVC and keep it connected to the Intake manifold. The vacume keeps the ring sealed. On the other hand the other side will be fine to attach to the catch can.

Awdboost said:
On the other hand the other side will be fine to attach to the catch can.
Not until he hollows out the pcv or replace it with a straight fitting or else the valve will never open because of lack of vacuum.

On the PVC side you need to keep it stock.. To assure proper ring seal. When you're just cruising the vacuum helps the rings. When you're boosting the PVC seals up so that you don't allow boost to flow into the engine. But at Idle the PVC opens up and pulls vacuum to keep rings sealed.. In my experience, after doing that I had one of my valve seals go bad on me, My turbo was leaking oil too.. I'm not sure it was do to this, but it's not just there for emission reason. V8 have been using vacuum pumps to make more HP at Full throttle. That's why I say not to touch the PVC side. The other one you can place a filter Catch can What ever.. As long as you don't block it.

k sounds good, once again thanx to everyone who posted to help me out. :thumb:

Awdboost said:
On the PVC side you need to keep it stock.. To assure proper ring seal. When you're just cruising the vacuum helps the rings. When you're boosting the PVC seals up so that you don't allow boost to flow into the engine. But at Idle the PVC opens up and pulls vacuum to keep rings sealed.. In my experience, after doing that I had one of my valve seals go bad on me, My turbo was leaking oil too.. I'm not sure it was do to this, but it's not just there for emission reason. V8 have been using vacuum pumps to make more HP at Full throttle. That's why I say not to touch the PVC side. The other one you can place a filter Catch can What ever.. As long as you don't block it.

It's PCV, not PVC. Stands for Positive Crankcase Ventilation.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back