The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Car stutters and dies

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1gDSM4g63

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2007
San Jose, California
I just got my car back from some shop that F-ed over for a year. I sent it in perfectly fine running 1g dsm with 60-1 turbo and got a switched turbo to a Holset HX-40 that does not run.

It drive fine in the neighborhood but when I give it more gas on the streets it stutters and die. I done the basics, like draining out the 12 month fuel and oil, safc, boost leak test but it still stutters and die.

Anyone have any other possibilities as to why this is happening? Is that something wrong with my MAS and translator?

Your car may be pulling timing. Check with a logger to see if its sending any signals or throwing any codes.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back