The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

420A Car revs when shifting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svined

Probationary Member
Jun 25, 2019
Sweden, Europe
Hi guys, I have searched the forum for any solution for my issue but cant seem to find what I´m looking for.
I´m from Sweden so please pardon my perhaps bad English.
I recently bought a Eclipse -96, 2.0 non turbo, 420a engine, when I drove it home it acted strange, the rpm went up when I pulled the clutch down for shifting, when I got home I read the fault codes and got 12, 21 and 55.
I ordered and changed the o2 sensor, the map sensor, tps and the iac, after that I disconnected the battery to reset the ecu and went for a test drive, the car doesn´t increase the rpm when clutching, now it dies instead when the clutch is pressed, the same fault codes is back.
Im going to try to calibrate the tps today cause that has not been done, maybe the problem will go away after that.
Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
Yes I belive so, it´s the iac you meen right?
I start to think that it might be that the new iac was broken, as I wrote the cars rpm went up with the old iac and down with the new iac, have ordered a new again and will try that.

Hi guys.

I still have the same problem, cant get the codes to go away and have tried with two diffrent iac´s.
Any pointers?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back