The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

car is getting worse, need help before it wont run

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forcedfedgsx

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 29, 2003
OhioUS
95 gsx, changed plugs wires and checked power transistor. Ive also checked the secondary resistance of the coils but i can figure out the primary part of the coil check.
The car has weak firing. It is not worse under boost or i would automatically think coils. It just seems weak in general when idleing if i give it alot of gas it boggs a little before revving higher. It soon gets worse and feels like it is runnin on two but if i reset my ecu it goes back to feeling a little weak and boggs a bit when revved. I am ready to buy coils but i am hoping itts not my ecu. Any help with this would be appriciated. I really dont think it is a boost leak.

Originally posted by forcedfedgsx
The car has weak firing. It is not worse under boost or i would automatically think coils.

My coils recently went bad. The car was actually BETTER under boost and WOT, and only misfired (bad!) at part-throttle and low rpm.

New coils and she's perfect again :thumb:

thanks for the replys guys you know where i could get some coils for cheap. Online of coarse.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back