The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

cam caps? am i screwed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reborn750

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 7, 2010
Brookings, South_Dakota
Well I was about done with my fully forged, 1200cc e85 fueled ,megasquirt powered turbo 420a project. When my garage/house was robbed. I lost all of my tools which included many snap-on, blue point, and craftsman tools, specialty tools, and power tools. I acquired enough tools to get me by and then I noticed when installing my cams that I am missing the for right cap that covers both cams, and one of the intake cam caps... I'm assuming that like most things these cam caps are head matched so you cannot use other caps without modification? Is this right? My head is ported with new crower valvetrain so ide rather not look for another head. What are my options? Does anybody have any caps that they would sell? Thanks

You lost your cam caps..Damm that blows..

I know this won't make you feel better but I lost my bluetoooth..And I can't seem to find the damm thing, even in my tiny ass apertmebt..I think the cat took off with it..

Find more, remove everything you can from the head and have them line honed to fit/match at a machine shop!

exactly. just like if you had to replace a main cap in the bottom end.

That blows, I was hopin to not have to pull the head because I just need to time it and its good but if that's what I have to do I will. Anybody got any?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back