The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Building my First DSM, opinions wanted...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk2tdi

Probationary Member
Nov 26, 2008
Lasalle, Ontario_Canada
I'm picking up an AWD late 89 build talon with a dead motor, and want opinions on whether to go DSMlink or MAFT pro... I plan on rebuilding the engine and going with either a Holset hx35 or hx40. I'd also like opinions for cams, and exhaust manifold. I'll be going to roughly 650cc injectors, AEM regulator, extrude honed stock intake manifold. While I'm fairly new to DSM's, I'm not new to turbo cars, having owned 2 Conquest TSI's, several turbo Audi's and Dodge's.

Well first of all do a search that will answer a lof of questions, as for tuning its up to you and you wallet. Id get link, and i am in the future.

You should answer some questions for us first, such as:

What your goals are.
What your budget is.

Answer those questions for us and we'll be able to answer the other ones you have.

You should answer some questions for us first, such as:

What your goals are.
What your budget is.

Answer those questions for us and we'll be able to answer the other ones you have.

1000 to get her road worthy (brakes, suspension bushings, tie rods, ball joints, wheel bearings, etc)
3000 for the engine build (forged aftermarket pistons, or 2g or EVO pistons, Aftermarket rods, oil pump, gaskets, bearings etc)
2000 for turbo and electronics

I Already have a regulator(AEM 13109), Bosch 044 90psi fuel pump, Extruded aluminum fuel rail stock, CM clutch, fidanza flywheel and ARP head studs...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back