The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Brought a 99 4G63 block, Can it still be used.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunp

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 11, 2008
Snellville, Georgia
I recently purchased a 1999 4G63 block from a memeber on this forum, I was assured the block had no damage to it. When I took the block apart today this is what I found. I need to know if this block can still be used or if I'm out $125 bucks?

Attachments

• Damage 002.jpg
    Damage 002.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Damage 003.jpg
    Damage 003.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Damage 005.jpg
    Damage 005.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 64
Did that thing break a rod or what? You would probably want to have that checked for cracks where the gouge is at in the block.

It broke a rod, the guy who sold it to me assured me there was no damage to the block. My cousin picked it up for me, I should have told him to look it over.

The crank needs to be checked out, a grind will be in order if that rod throw in the pic is not too bad.

Block may need to be bored also, depending on the gouges in it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back