The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Broken Tools

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I love doing axal nuts, Ive had this pipe that has a 1 an 5/16 (or something like that) socket welded on it that I use to break bolts loose when a braker bar wouldnt work. When we were doing a axal seal on my friends gsx we couldnt find a socket big enough to fit. So I walked to my car and got it out of the back (used as self defence to) walk over to the axal nut and what do you Know it fits perfect. Ever since then we've refered to it as old faithful.

I've broken a four foot long torque wrench before.. Countless other hand tools.

650 Ft./Lbs. on an engine head FTW :thumb: (Industrial V12's)

My exhaust has been the worse so far, it took me about an hour and a half to take two nuts off, and 15 min to bolt on the 3in catback test drive it and clean up. Impact wrench was no good to me either..

My exhaust has been the worse so far, it took me about an hour and a half to take two nuts off, and 15 min to bolt on the 3in catback test drive it and clean up. Impact wrench was no good to me either..

Been there. A torch REALLY helps, most of the time you do not have to cut the bolts, if you can just heat the nuts up a lil bit they will come off with some encouragement. If that does not work, cut them.

I cant stand Craftsman tools. Yes they do have a lifetime replacement if they break, but they still feel like complete crap, and dont compare to the Snap-on and Matco tools I have.

and for those who think air-tools are the answer, here's a prime example of a Crapsman air rachet:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

stick to snap-on!

HOLY CRAP! I've never seen an wrench do that LOL

As for the harbor freight electric impacts, they're GREAT! I used one for 2 years before I finally got an air compressor and some real tools :sneaky:

It's not an impact gun, it's just a pneumatic ratchet.

I've wrecked a 3/4" drive impact gun. That was fun :D

I cant stand Craftsman tools. Yes they do have a lifetime replacement if they break, but they still feel like complete crap, and dont compare to the Snap-on and Matco tools I have.

and for those who think air-tools are the answer, here's a prime example of a Crapsman air rachet:

stick to snap-on!

Yes, that's a prime example of using the wrong tool for the job.... :rolleyes: Snap on is good for specialty tools and stuff you have to have.

Agreed. I only use snap on. It second to none, lifetime replacement and a snap on rep comes 2 times a week to my work so I'm set. Then again, not everyone can afford SO, or find a place other than online to buy them. Craftsman is fine if you live across the street from sears..haha

I hope to over the years acquire snap on tools, but as of right now, i spend to much money buying parts, let alone buy parts to put parts on. :D I'll just use my stepfathers snap on impact and rachet sets until i finally graduate college. :thumb:

James :laser::talon:

i was using the air ratchet correctly. Thats just the type of quality to run into with most Craftsman stuff. Air rachet felt like it shouldve came in a cereal box.

Yes, that's a prime example of using the wrong tool for the job.... :rolleyes: Snap on is good for specialty tools and stuff you have to have.

SnapOn is the best for almost all tools, compare a Craftsman 14mm end wrench to a SnapOn 14mm end wrench. I'll tell you the one that'll round off more bolts.

The top picture is your prime example of the wrong tool for the wrong job. all of those rachets look like they might be a total of 12" in length. put a cheater bar on there and you're asking for that to happen.

heres a shot of just one of my drawers in my box. Snap-On and Matco mostly. nothing special, but gets the job done.

all i have to say is go to like pawn shops. sometimes they have snap on stuff and matco. rather than that i only use my craftsman stuff for like small things.

I have broken everybody's tools whether they were craftsman, snap-on or matco, I would say you were using the wrong sized tool. if you are having to put a lot of force on a nut then a ratchet is just plain not meant for it, only a breaker bar and a 1/2" breaker bar is way to small for most jobs. I took off my axle nuts with a one inch bar that was two feet long and they came off with little resistance, people need to learn to match the tool to the job.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back