The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

420A Brian crower cams p0300

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The issue isn’t whether I could tune it or not. The issue is not knowing what the issue necessarily was. If something was bad then it wouldn’t make sense to try to tune it. But now I’m just trying to see if I can get a simple fix by getting into my ecu and making my engine code inactive or if I absolutely have to by an aftermarket ecu. So I’m gonna get some adjustable cam gears and try to get a simple tune done if possible before putting all that money into an ecu when I’m not building my car for any crazy gains or anything

I agree. But when everything worked prior and the only thing you changed was the cams logic would say the cams are your issue. Is this your daily? I just got the brian crower stage 2s as well along with their cam gears. Looking forward to them

I agree. But when everything worked prior and the only thing you changed was the cams logic would say the cams are your issue. Is this your daily? I just got the brian crower stage 2s as well along with their cam gears. Looking forward to them
Ya it was my daily before all the issues. After I get it sorted out I’ll start using it as my main car again. I didn’t know BC made cam gears for the 420a

So you have a 420a?
Ya it was my daily before all the issues. After I get it sorted out I’ll start using it as my main car again. I didn’t know BC made cam gears for the 420a

No I have a 4g63. I just upgraded the turbo, added bigger injectors, 3in exhaust, and I'm getting the cams and cam gears installed hopefully next week. They make cam gears for the 4g63, idk about the 420a motor. I wasnt gona even get cam gears but I bought the zaklee clear cam cover so I wanted something nice to show, I wanted hks ones but there to expensive. Brian Crower is half the price and their a quality brand.

@ShonDope

Man... Did you upgrade your valve springs?

I've ran Crower 2's on stock springs forever, but had random misfires at idles and seomtimes WOT, no damage or anything, did it like that for about a year, only way I solved the misfires were for upgrading a spring and retainers set.

You might need heavier duty valve springs to go with those cams, and maybe new lifters too. Hopefully I found your issue this time :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back