The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Bov vacuum line

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gstclipse69

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 30, 2006
Columbia, South_Carolina
Alright, this all started when I noticed that my boost gauge sits around 4in/hg vacuum when the car is off. This is an autometer cf boost/vac gauge and was already installed when I bought the car. I already have all unnecessary vacuum lines eliminated. I looked under the hood to see how it was hooked up and the brake booster line comes from the back of the intake manifold unmolested. The other vacuum port by the fuel pressure regulator comes out has a T in the line; one runs to the bov, the other line continues to another T which one line goes to the boost gauge and the other to the fuel solenoid. Is it ok that the bov, boost gauge, and fuel solenoid are all running off that one vacuum port?
I searched and I know the bov line is supposed to go to a separate vacuum port on the intake manifold below the #3 fuel injector harness. But I dont see it. I went out and looked for it on 3 occasions now. Is it over by the throttle body? I see a hex bolt going in but I dont know if its blocking a port or there for a reason. A pic would be wonderful if anyone has one. I have a 1g intake manifold as well.
I also found that I could run the boost gauge off the p port on the throttle body but most people opt for a source off the intake manifold.

Well, first off, your boost gauge is busted, buy a new one. It should sit on 0 when car is off.

Second, try running a line from the P port on your throttle body to the BoV, problem solved.

Yea I know the gauge is gone. I tried to email autometer to see if they would recalibrate it but have yet to get a response. I'll just get a new one. The p port to bov might well work but does anyone have a pic of the port on the intake mani?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back