The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Boost started falling off

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nazthug

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 24, 2003
livermore, California
Recently, I have been getting weird boost problems.

My booost controller(profecB) is set for about 20psi on my bullseye t3.04b but recently, its been doing weird stuff

It would go to about 20psi, and then bleed back down to 15psi and then towards redline slowly come back up to about 17 or so...WTF???

I dont get it. Then, once in a while, it holds it, so its random, decides to fall sometimes, and other times it stays in boost

What could this be? If it were a leak, wouldnt it always fall off? Is it the actuator? The boost controller? I dont get it, its annoying, because the car is alot faster at 20psi all the time, than it is at 15

1. Boost leak. Always start with a thorough boost leak test, without it you can never rule leaks out of the equation. If problem persists after a THOROUGH leak test, go to 2.

2. EBC or actuator. Bypass the EBC and run the pressure source directly to the adjustable heavy spring actuator which I assume you have with the v-trim. Adjust the actuator to 20 psi and see if problem persists.

Good luck.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back