The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Boost Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody D

15+ Year Contributor
May 26, 2004
Olds, AB_Canada
Okay I just got done installing my T3/T4 60 trim, and the car is running like crap. I've searched the forums and everyones problems are slightly different or not at all alike.

Mod List:

Turbonetics T3/T4 60 Trim 0.63 AR
Turbonetics Cast Exhaust Manifold
Tial 38mm Wastegate with dump tube
3" O2 housing.
3" Full Exhaust
Large Custom FMIC
Stock 1G BOV Venting to Atmosphere
3" GM MAS + Translator (Translator is set to 0)
Walbro 255lph Pump
FIC 650cc Injectors
Aeromotive AFPR
6 bolt block with a 7 bolt head (Is this a problem?)

My problem is right now I'm not getting any boost. Also the car stalls when I let off the gas. The car feels like it's running good, just no power.

Any help would be appreciated.

First off are you running ur GM Maf in a blow thru set up? If you arent that might be why ur stalling when let off the gas. Venting ur BOV to the atmosphere with such large injectors may bog it down when ur letting off. As far as having no boost id need some more info. Is the turbo just never spooling or is it sputtering when it starts to boost?

From your mod list it appears you might not be recirculating your wastegate so you should be able to hear it...how much boost are you running when it opens??

I hate to say it...But right now I am venting my BOV (need to get a new recirc tube because after the FMIC install things arent in the same place) without a blow-thru, I have the same exact injectors and I don't notice any problems except for a backfire every now and then.

I had my Wastegate hooked up wrong. We are now just having trouble tuning, the datalogger isn't cycling while cruising on the highway.

Edit: I forgot to mention the big problem, when I go WOT and it hits the boost my oil pressure light comes on. It's only when the boost comes on at about 4000 rpm.

Besides that oil pressure light coming on, I tried doing a run and after the run something went and now my stereo and interior lights won't turn on, my heater won't turn on, but my gauge lights are on. Also my headlights won't turn off even with the ignition off, we had to pull a fuse to get them off.

Gah, nothing but problems.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back