The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Bi-Xenon Solenoid Wiring.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanro

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 22, 2009
Montgomery, Alabama
I am working on retroing my 2gb headlights with Bi Xenon projectors. And I was wondering what the best method would as far keeping constant power to the HID Ballasts. I was planning on just splicing the solenoid into the internal wiring of the headlight off the High beam power.

My thought on keeping the ballast hot was to use a 5 pin relay, wire the coil with an inline fuse to both the High and Low +12v. and then delete pin that is hot when the coil is not energized, use the pin that is hot when the coil is energized to power the ballast. I'm just not sure if that would be the best method. I dont know if the ballasts would flicker if/when there is a momentary collapse of the magnetic field from the coil switching from high to low.

the five pin relay should work, but hook up the trigger wire to the side markers so it'll turn the relay on and let power constantly go thru even while switching between the high and low beams. then hook it up the battery with a fuse to draw current and then hook up the ballasts to the other pin

Well I have one headlight done, and the harness mocked together. Waiting on my pc680 battery to get here, no battery ATM. Will post up some pics and what not in my build thread when I get everything done.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back