The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

best maft and gm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJgsx

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 11, 2004
mountainside, New_Jersey
im gonna buy one next week ... wats the best to go with and have anygood sites for em ??? :dsm: its for a 97 gsx

Seeing as to how only one company makes the Translator, I'd say get one of their models... Same with the GM sensor, just pick what size you want....

Christmas isnt for another 10 months, you have plenty of time to make your list.

Oh all these threads youve started about "which is best", how many of these parts are you acutally going to buy?

Edit:
You dont need a MAF if your really planning on running a 16g, unless your sole intent is to vent your bov.

And if all you want to do is vent your BOV you can do it with the 2g MAF thats already on your car.

www.ramchargers.com is the company that makes the units. Buy the most recent version available. As far as the GM MAF, go to any junkyard, search ebay, I'm sure the trader and DSMtuners classifieds has listings...

Stock said:
Here's the list of the cars with the "GM MAF", you'll have to register, but it's worth it; There's like, 40 million cars to look for.

http://www.mitspro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418

Now if they only said what size maf each car had....

NJ- if you plan in putting this on you IC piping, get the 3" one. If you plan on using it as a direct replacement for your MAS then get the 3.5" one.

nickrule99 said:
Now if they only said what size maf each car had....
I am 99% positive those are all 3" MAFs.

There are 3.5 maf from the LS1 Corvette so do not get that one. The 3" maf from the Impala or other like car will sufice. I see that you have an injen intake and it most likely has a 3" inlet so the 3" maf is a direct fit. If you are planning to put it in the uicp between the bov and throttle then you definately want the 3" and not the 3.5. You can get them on ebay for about $50.

I am not sure of why you want this setup when you already have an afc. If it is only to vent then you might want to save your money and buy something else at this time. Thissetup will cost you atleast the price of some 550 injectors that you should already have or a 255 lph fuel pump with change to spare.

I am not saying don't do it, just not now when you need so many supporting mods.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back