The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

2G Battery cables

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xiprometheus

Probationary Member
8
0
Jul 1, 2026
charlotte, North Carolina
Hey guys, so I have a quick question.

I managed to get my eclipse running for about a month when the power completely cut off, thankfully I pinpointed it down to being the battery cables, thing is tho how the hell do I get the positive battery cable out, I managed to unhook all the stuff for the negative wire so any help would be appreciated
 
Which positive cable?

There's one (Black/Red) to the starter and 4 wires (White) to the fuse box. Two of those go to the Alternator fuse, one of which also that a stub (White/Red) to the 20A fuse #9 in the relay box for the AC and cooling system and two to the fuse box bus.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Here's the 2g positive battery cables connection to the engine fusebox.
 
This is common - power issues / battery cables. The factory cables go bad

Do your best to cut it out and re do the whole thing.

I use a junction point to tie in all the things that use / provide power to the car.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

4 wires total
One for the battery
Alternator
Starter
Fuse box

Add many grounds
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
This is common - power issues / battery cables. The factory cables go bad

Do your best to cut it out and re do the whole thing.

I use a junction point to tie in all the things that use / provide power to the car.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

4 wires total
One for the battery
Alternator
Starter
Fuse box

Add many grounds
Thanks for the advice, I’m going to consider this if my wires all start going out, but right now I only want to replace the battery cables that connect to the battery itself. I already disconnected the negative cable from the ground above the transmission, any tips for taking out the positive cable since it’s on the starter?
 
Any tips for taking out the positive cable since it’s on the starter?

First disconnect your negative terminal, then the positive. Now you can disconnect the starter B+ end without any worries.
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 4G63 3 inch Magnaflow SS high flow cat. CA approved.
    3 inch Magnaflow stainless cat. High flow. 18.25 inches. Flange holes are 4 1/8 center. Has...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 4G63 Race parts.
    Brand new seal in box Kigglys HLA 175$Kigglys 12 tooth billet crankshaft triggel setup 250$...
    • GST2012GSX
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 MHI 20G Turbo
    MHI 20G Turbo $500 + shipping & paypal fees* setup for external waste gate * just serviced by...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2G Manual Shifter Cables
    2G Manual Shifter Cables $90 + shipping & paypal feesYou must be registered to see element.You...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2G Driver Side Drip Molding ( no peel or chrome showing )
    2G Driver Side Drip Molding $95 + shipping & paypal fees* no peel or chrome showingYou must...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top