The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Baer Big Brake Kit on a 99 RS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farey34

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 26, 2003
Albany_OR
Will a Baer Brake Kit fit my 99RS? I know that AEM makes a rotor for my car but I want a whole brake kit for the front. The rear is Drums! If this kit will not work is there one out there??? Any info would be Great!

Searched the trheads but all kits were on GST or GSX's but I am not 100% sure the braks are the same? most web sites that sell the say 90-94 too ???:confused:

Mechanicly, yes they will fit. Goto www.baer.com and download the template to make sure they fit your rims.

I know you want your huge braking kit, but before you buy the parts for a very exspensnive non-worthwhile mod.

Consider this setup which wil run alot less money...

Dual Piston Calipers
Axxis or EBC Green Pads
Power Slot Rotors or Stock GSX Rotors
SS Brake lines (If you so desire)

I know your rs's ground pounding power needs to be stopped, but im pretty sure that setup will be an overkill and if u just got metallic pads with power slots with stock calipers itd suit u well. But it is your call.

Originally posted by ericismyname
I know you want your huge braking kit, but before you buy the parts for a very exspensnive non-worthwhile mod.

Consider this setup which wil run alot less money...

Dual Piston Calipers
Axxis or EBC Green Pads
Power Slot Rotors or Stock GSX Rotors
SS Brake lines (If you so desire)

I know your rs's ground pounding power needs to be stopped, but im pretty sure that setup will be an overkill and if u just got metallic pads with power slots with stock calipers itd suit u well. But it is your call.

Just going for looks! They look good and are functional! Cost is not that much of an issue and they get preatty hot trying to go from 130 to 0!!!!!!!:thumb:

And I can offer up option number 2.

While the comments above have some truth to them, there are real values to larger brakes, agreed not everyone needs them nor wants them. But the same can be said for many car parts.

Originally posted by ericismyname
quit driving 130 your going to kill someone:p :laugh:

Live in the country and its hard not too! Alot of long stright country roads in Oregon! Fun if you love going fast, just watch out for the straying sheep! Hit one of thoses @ a buck thirty and your screwed! LOL
:dsm:

living in iowa there isnt roads like that where u have the sudden urge to drive 130 miles per hour.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back