The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Bad clutch petal throw after hard shift? what broke..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funfettie

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 19, 2011
Menomonie, Wisconsin
So I took my car for a cruise the other day and gave it some good throttle and a quick shift, and I felt this 'pop' in the clutch petal. Now when I press the clutch petal in, theres no where near as much resistance, and the clutch doesnt disengage till the petal is very close to the floor. What happened?

Im running a ACT 2600lb pressure plate, 6 puck spring disk, an Al flywheel, full stainless braided line, and oem master and slave cylinders.

I didnt see any fluid under the hood by the master or by the slave so i believe the seals are good. The master still bleeds back into the reservoir fine. Did I maybe snap part of the fork off in the bell housing? or kill the throw out bearing? Any advice would be awesome, just trying to avoide pulling the trans for something simple.

I've had that happen to me, as stated above pull the boot from shift fork. Where it meets the slave cylinder see if the fork itself is bent. In my case that's what it was. cracked right at the pivot ball socket in the fork.

[ame=http://youtu.be/Z_mNqViDt94]Trans & Clutch 3 - Fork Tech, Mounts & Service Parts - YouTube[/ame]

Check out this video for some good info.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back