The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G automatic transmission fluid

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrs187

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 5, 2011
sutherland, Iowa
So i have searched and i have read but couldnt see anyone questoning this. So i have a 5 speed awd was wondering how well it would work with auto fluid in it?

I have done this with my 4 speed out of my 73 charger that required gear lube. I have also done this in almost everyone of my 5 speed cars. The plan is to do a 50/50 mixture of chrysler atf+4 and fords type f. It is pretty much the same as b&m trix shift but cheaper and does the exact same thing.

Any and all imput is great. thanks

You have synchronizes in that silver box, not steels and paper clutch packs. Run the redline mt 90, or a gl-4 only, gear oil. Pennzoil synchro if you must at a minimum.

Fords t-5 has syncros and my automatic concoction work great in there. Same with my 87 dodge daytona. Im just asking why wouldnt it work? I have a feeling that the gear lube is too think this time of year and is not letting it lube all the important parts of the trans. Where as the auto fluid is rather think to begin with but still offers great lubrication.

The reason im questioning this is because my tcase locked up monday morning and took my tranny out with it. Both still had plenty of fluid in them and came out chrome when drained.

I also have no problem testing something out. So if my concoction does not work well then i will have to have the trans rebuilt again and filled with redline mt-90.

Im still open to options but I want to know if anyone has ever tried this before?

well then i guess i better find some good gear lube. I looked at the parts stores today and didnt see any redline mt90 or anything that fit my intrest. I refuse to buy anything that say penzoil on it and didnt have good luck with the valvoline so that is another no go. The only thing that looked promising was the lucas 75-90. Anyone ever use that before?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back