1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Automatic Motor Mounts 95-99

Posted by Jsmo123, May 21, 2018

Please Support VR Speed Factory
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. Jsmo123

Jsmo123 Proven Member

Joined May 17, 2018
    Danville, Kentucky
    Any suggestions? Just totally ripped one of my stock ones out.
    4g63t. Automatic trans
    I have around $130 to spend.

2. PlanZero

PlanZero Proven Member

Joined Aug 13, 2013
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    OEM style go for about $20 each from rock auto. Make sure they're for auto as the trans mount and rear roll stop are different. Don't waste your time with poly inserts for the front and rear. Autos don't have many options if you're trying to go solid. I filled my old torn OEM mounts with loctite polyurethane a few years ago and they're still holding up.

Street Build 4K  8

1996 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM

Street Build 2K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    automatic · 2G DSM
  3. Boomdeeze

Boomdeeze Proven Member

Joined Jul 5, 2009
    Independence, Minnesota

Street Build 4K  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    10.793 @ 128.98 · 2G DSM
  4. 007jimmy

007jimmy Proven Member

Joined Feb 27, 2012
    Levittown, Pennsylvania
    They sell a prothane kit that has the engine and side trans solid mounts, as for the roll stops they are simply inserts like this:
    IMG_4749.jpg
    The part number for the kit is:
    Prothane 13-1901
    Now if you want a more affordable full solid mounts for your auto this is what I did and it worked incredibly well! For the front and rear roll stops:

Just buy 2 of the 90-94 front prothane solid mounts part number is in the picture:
    IMG_4750.JPG
    As for the left trans mount and the right engine mount you'll need to buy 2 of the:
    IMG_4751.JPG
    So all you'll need to do for all 4 is press out the old mounts and rings lube up the new prothanes and press them in.
    Here are mine as you could see I got rid of the other inserts:
    IMG_4391.JPG IMG_4394.JPG
    Installed, if you zoom you can see 3 mounts imstalled:
    IMG_4396.JPG

And since the bushing is big on the front and rear roll stops there is a write up on how to fix that:
    http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/1g...tor-for-using-stock-size-smaller-bolt.492693/
    Just a forewarning, it's gonna be a little bit more difficult installing the more solid set as it's harder to pry and pull the engine and trans for lining up the bolt holes. Any question feel free to ask.

Street Build 1K  25

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM
    DogWhistle likes this.
  5. Faith Cupp

Faith Cupp Probationary Member

Joined May 19, 2020
    Oak Grove, Oregon
    Would it work the same for a 98 eclipse rs, I ended up calling and they said they only had manual mounts so it’s still confusing for me

Showcar Build 233  5

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM