1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Autocross - First Time

Posted by 96DsmTunr, Mar 20, 2010

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. 96DsmTunr

96DsmTunr Proven Member

Joined Apr 11, 2008
    akron, Alabama
    So it's warm again so time to put the Jeep away and pull the car back out. I registered for an autocross event next weekend and I wasn't sure if there is anything else I can do to my car fairly cheap and fast by then. These are my current mods. Thanks guys. By the way I'm a 2g tsi awd

Tein Type Flex with edfc
    Camber adjusters
    RM swaybars
    Megan tower braces
    Apexi power intake
    Apexi N1 exhaust/downpipe
    Dejon Tool upper intercooler pipes
    NGK plugs
    MSD Ignition wires
    Poly motormounts
    Fluidyne radiator
    HKS blow off valve
    Upgraded pads and crossdrilled/slotted rotors
    Toyo proxes 4 tires
    Handfull of gauges
    Greddy turbo timer

96DsmTunr

181  0

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    · 2G DSM
  2. dsmdeliveryboy

dsmdeliveryboy Proven Member

Joined Aug 14, 2007
    Medford, Oregon
    You'll find out its not about having power, its about having spool. If you don't have intercooler piping or a fmic I'd suggest doing that, a 14b turbo if your still on the stock t25 and a MBC. Should add a little power to the butt dyno.

1K  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  3. 96DsmTunr

96DsmTunr Proven Member

Joined Apr 11, 2008
    akron, Alabama
    Ill be upgrading to a T28 so I was hoping to wait to do any turbo mods till then.

96DsmTunr

181  0

· 2G DSM
  4. Tanro

Tanro Proven Member

Joined Jul 22, 2009
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Yeah Autox is not so much about raw power as staying in your power band and knowing how to brake and shift effectively. It's a lot more about the driver than the car. Make sure your have good wide tires.

Street Build 2K  10

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. 96DsmTunr

96DsmTunr Proven Member

Joined Apr 11, 2008
    akron, Alabama
    The car hasn't been out on the road for a long time so I will be getting the camber and all that readujusted. What should it set it at? Any suggestions?

96DsmTunr

181  0

· 2G DSM
  6. -TunedDSM-

-TunedDSM- Proven Member

Joined Feb 12, 2006
    Traverse City, Michigan
    Driver mod.

Seat time will help lower your times more than any bolt on mod ever will. You'll be amazed at what cars are ripping of the quickest times compared to others.

446  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  7. jestoy7

jestoy7 Proven Member

Joined Nov 4, 2002
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Driver Mod x2.

Instead of MSD wires, go with the NGK wires, cheap and real good. Also SS brake lines are a good one time upgrade. They run about $100 and new brake fluid will really help. The fluidyne radiator is nice but for the money, the Mishimoto with new hoses is a good deal, too.

You'll aslo want to consider changing your tranny, transfer case and rear-end fluid.