The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

are these painted?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmpleEclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 25, 2004
gold canyon, Arizona
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i dont know if this is going to show the pic or not. I am wondering if these tails (not interested int he center section, just the sides) are painted, or if they can be bought somewheres. -matt

Yes, they appear to be painted, you can see where that little rectangle section of the stock light is in one of the round light sections. It's possible that it's tinted, but I'm fairly sure it's paint.

looks like nite shades to me, because it is slightly transparent on the far sides you can see some red, otherwise you wouldn't be able to see the turn signals.

Well they've got paint that lets light through just fine, so it could be that paint.

How they did it?

Ummmmm....silver spray paint, and the Eclipse logo stuck on it. Not that difficult.

there are taillight covers that go over the tails and create that effect of the round lights. 9D9 MITSURS (his name is osmehitng like that) has them on his silver car. most peopel match the covers with the paint of their car. i was going to tint my tails and then get hose covers and match them to my red, but im just to lazy :p

i dig the pic of it, but I wonder how they look in person. I am a perfectionist, so im sure I would think they look funny if its just a sticker over the stock tails. oh well... Thanks for your input everybody! -Matt

i think they jus painted them
and the center is off another eclipse (a silver one :rolleyes: )

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back