The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

anyone buy the motor from the parts catalog here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myeclipseisnice

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 2, 2003
south river, New_Jersey
ok at this place this site... http://www.dsmtuners.com/parts/product_info.php?cPath=2_133_154&products_id=736
that engine is for 3500, i would like to know if anyone got it from here and what was the deal. Because my uncle is getting a 1st gen or maybe a busted up 2g, and we were thinking putting one of these motors in there. should work right? what will the hp be? can you guys help my uncle and i (the newbies). thanks

DSMtuners.com does not actually sell any of the products in there product catalog. It is just mainly a feature used to see what kind of parts are out there and give some prices on some from different vendors. That one doesn't have any vendors listed so you will have to find one on your own. It just gives the average price for that motor.

the horsepower will be based 90% on what you have outside the engine (turbo, intercooler, fuel tuning, exhaust, boost settings) simply dropping a built motor in will not give you that many gains. it will have a little more power due to the lack of balance shafts, and whatever mods to the cyl head are done. you can get a stock rebuilt engine for less than 3500. it can be dropped into a 1g no problem and you will need to find and follow the 1g in a 2g directions from magnus motorsports. they also sell a kit with everything you need to do the swap.

bryan

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back