The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Has anyone had experience with the MSD fuel pump, (under parts catalog)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metasonic

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 15, 2003
rochester_MI
I just noticed the MSD pump is rated for up to 500HP (like the walbro 255 high pressure) I was just wondering how this pump compares to the walbro. Also it looks like it is an out of tank pump, so how exactly would it be used for a DSM? any info is appreciated. Thanks! :dsm:

I personally haven't had experience with it on a DSM engine, but I've seen it on the 6g72 (the 3G eclipse engine)... let's just say it is supposed to work, but out of like 10 ppl I know who have tried it, only 1 got it to, and it was a major bi*** with lots of extra money being dumped in (mainly for labor I think; after being unsuccessful for so long on his own he ended up paying a crapload for a shop to get it up and running). However, I have heard that results are generally better on the DSM cars. Sorry it's not the most helpful post, but thats my .015 cents :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back