The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Any fwd's with 26" tall slicks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The 26" slicks should work. Your going to lose some time because of the gear ratio change, unless you put down way more power. If you mabe went to an AWD transmission its a combo thats hard to beat. And it will put your ratio right where you want it.

The 26" slicks should work. Your going to lose some time because of the gear ratio change, unless you put down way more power. If you mabe went to an AWD transmission its a combo thats hard to beat. And it will put your ratio right where you want it.

Well I doubt I'm going to lose time vs my current street tire time, 13.6 @ 113 :D but yeah I know what your saying.

Well I have 26 x 10 Michey Thompsons true slicks on Weld Magnum drag wheels. I have stock ride height but i know for a fact that HAHN racecraft ran them with Eibach prokits on front. I have stock driveshafts as well and they didnt snap . I would never get anything else now. My first night at the track having never driven a car with slicks i was able to cut a 1.8 60 ft. I didnt preload anything just engaged my 2step and pop the clutch and hold on. Here is a video of my run.

YouTube - 420a Eclipse Drag Strip

Well I finally got my car back & took a quick measurement last night & unless the car wasn't sitting how it normally does, the 26" QTP's probably aren't an option with my current suspension. It measure 13" from the center of the wheel hub to the bottom of the fender. I'll have to double check but looks like I may have to go with the DR's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back