1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Any DSMers from upstate or capital NY?

Posted by xreaction122, Nov 5, 2008

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. xreaction122

xreaction122 Proven Member

Joined Oct 28, 2007
    Albany, New York
    lebanon valley dragway. thats our local drag strip.
    i know most of the CT dsmers come up here on test&tune days

2. PsyX

PsyX Probationary Member

Joined Feb 23, 2006
    Rome, New York
    the dsm scene is still alive in ny. i was at the STM open house on 4-25 and there were at least 20 2gs and about 5 1gs. as for meeting places around cny, i know that wednesday night in utica are usually the local hangout nights. don't know if thats what we are looking for though...

3. cookmeup272

cookmeup272 Proven Member

Joined Jan 14, 2009
    Utica, New York
    Haha yea its a good spot but man are the cops cracking down over here. Another place some of us Uticans go to is syracuse. We go fridays and/or saturdays. Usually some good times are had.

4. Colt4G63 also

Colt4G63 also Proven Member

Joined Jul 23, 2008
    Tonawanda, New York
    I went to NYIRP this Wenesday night. I think I would have won a trophy if I had dialed in for 14 seconds. My test run was a 14.13, then I roasted my friends N/A 1g with a 14.10, (he stalled on the line). Then by some miracle I beat the silver STM Evo with a 14.12 (he had a really bad run, because I KNOW that car is WAY faster than what he ran). Then I got beat by a Cobalt by .0897 seconds when I ran a 14.16 (he had a 2.1 second handicap). My dumb ass dialed in a 13.7 thinking I would outdo my first run. I never expected to be that consistent. Four runs, all within .06 seconds of each other wow!

Anyways, You guys should go there Wednesdays. It's only $10! And I didn't see any cops, but there was someone racing a Crown Vic police interceptor.

Street Build 2K  0

1990 Dodge Colt
    manual · 4G63t Swapped

Street Build 1K  0

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    manual · Galant VR-4
  5. Trav83

Trav83 Proven Member

Joined Mar 10, 2009
    Binghamton, New York
    Your friend ran against you in his 1G N/A? ROFL It was for fun right? I mean he did know he had no chance right? So did he set a time without stalling? and if so what was it?

537  0

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    · 1G DSM
  6. Colt4G63 also

Joined Jul 23, 2008
    Tonawanda, New York
    He had a chance. He dialed in for 16 seconds, but when he stalled it, it took him 20.81. Because of his dial in, he gets a 2.3 second head start. The Cobalt that knocked me out of the third round eliminations only did a 16.02.

The only other run my friend with the N/A ever did in his life, was a 17.78 @ 76mph when we first showed up that night. It's strictly for fun, and if your lucky, for a trophy.

Street Build 2K  0

1990 Dodge Colt
    manual · 4G63t Swapped

Street Build 1K  0

manual · Galant VR-4
  7. Trav83

Trav83 Proven Member

Joined Mar 10, 2009
    Binghamton, New York
    Had I read your post more carefully I would have noticed that it's not a race :coy: sorry it's late I'm tired

537  0

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    · 1G DSM
  8. Colt4G63 also

Joined Jul 23, 2008
    Tonawanda, New York
    It is a race, but it's like bracket racing. You choose your dial, then you try to run as close as you can to your dail, without running quicker than your dial. If one car dials in at 12, and the other dials a 14, the car that dials 12, gets a green light two seconds after the car that dials a 14. If they both run exactly what they dial, they would finish at the same time. If you can run exactly what you dial, you have a good chance at winning, even if you run 20s. That frickin Cobalt dialed a 15.80. That put him about 55 feet ahead of me before my light even turned green. That turns into a few hundred feet really quick when you're spinning in first. I really ran him down in the 1/4 mile, but he still beat me by eight hundreths of a second. I should bring my 2.2L Accord automatic; it would probably run the exact same time every run, with no effort. Slow as hell, but consistent.

Street Build 2K  0

1990 Dodge Colt
    manual · 4G63t Swapped

Street Build 1K  0

manual · Galant VR-4
  9. cds1320

cds1320 Proven Member

Joined Jan 1, 2008
    east syracuse, New York
    do they do this every wednesday?, if so ill have to bring my talon i run a contant 14.03 every time.

10. racinmopar

racinmopar Proven Member

Joined Feb 27, 2009
    addison, New York
    colt yoyu let a damed ol chevy beat you looks like were gonna have to up the ponys under the hood of the lil colt..ROFL ill have to take up the talon and the maxima LOL if you cant do it in one try the other....:hellyeah: in other news guys the meets is still on for july at jamestown park let me know if you would be interested in going...

242  0

1995 Eagle Talon N/T
    · 2G DSM
  11. Colt4G63 also

Joined Jul 23, 2008
    Tonawanda, New York
    Yeah every Wednesday. Yeah a Chevy beat me, and my licence plate frame says," This MOPAR eats Chevys and sh**s fords". Anyway, I was wrong, my runner up trophy is waiting in the tower.

PS. I already said I'd be there. I think I PM'd you last week.

Street Build 2K  0

1990 Dodge Colt
    manual · 4G63t Swapped

Street Build 1K  0

manual · Galant VR-4
  12. racinmopar

racinmopar Proven Member

Joined Feb 27, 2009
    addison, New York
    ill come play with ya before the summers up thats for sure always been around dirt tracks always wanted to play on a strip:thumb:

242  0

1995 Eagle Talon N/T
    · 2G DSM
  13. Colt4G63 also

Joined Jul 23, 2008
    Tonawanda, New York
    Yeah it's a lot more fun when you get a chance to win a trophy, and you don't have to be the fastest one out there to win. Consistency is the name of the game. The Cobalt that beat me was a full two seconds slower. It's only ten bucks on Wednesday, and $13 for test and tune on Fridays and Saturdays. Once you're in, you get as many runs as you have time for.

Way better than Dunn Tire Raceway Wednesday nights near me, where it's free to get in, but $5 for each 1/8 mile pass. I will say, Dunn tire really fills up though. Tons of cars, billions of chicks, but no timeslips.

Street Build 2K  0

1990 Dodge Colt
    manual · 4G63t Swapped

Street Build 1K  0

manual · Galant VR-4
  14. arowell9

arowell9 Proven Member

Joined May 8, 2009
    Syracuse, New York
    im from syracuse, i dont see many dsm'ers around here i would love to meet up with people and get something going for syracuse.

234  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM