The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Any DSMers from upstate or capital NY?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was at New York International. First time there. What's LVD?

lebanon valley dragway. thats our local drag strip.
i know most of the CT dsmers come up here on test&tune days

the dsm scene is still alive in ny. i was at the STM open house on 4-25 and there were at least 20 2gs and about 5 1gs. as for meeting places around cny, i know that wednesday night in utica are usually the local hangout nights. don't know if thats what we are looking for though...

Haha yea its a good spot but man are the cops cracking down over here. Another place some of us Uticans go to is syracuse. We go fridays and/or saturdays. Usually some good times are had.

I went to NYIRP this Wenesday night. I think I would have won a trophy if I had dialed in for 14 seconds. My test run was a 14.13, then I roasted my friends N/A 1g with a 14.10, (he stalled on the line). Then by some miracle I beat the silver STM Evo with a 14.12 (he had a really bad run, because I KNOW that car is WAY faster than what he ran). Then I got beat by a Cobalt by .0897 seconds when I ran a 14.16 (he had a 2.1 second handicap). My dumb ass dialed in a 13.7 thinking I would outdo my first run. I never expected to be that consistent. Four runs, all within .06 seconds of each other wow!

Anyways, You guys should go there Wednesdays. It's only $10! And I didn't see any cops, but there was someone racing a Crown Vic police interceptor.

I went to NYIRP this Wenesday night. I think I would have won a trophy if I had dialed in for 14 seconds. My test run was a 14.13, then I roasted my friends N/A 1g with a 14.10, (he stalled on the line). Then by some miracle I beat the silver STM Evo with a 14.12 (he had a really bad run, because I KNOW that car is WAY faster than what he ran). Then I got beat by a Cobalt by .0897 seconds when I ran a 14.16 (he had a 2.1 second handicap). My dumb ass dialed in a 13.7 thinking I would outdo my first run. I never expected to be that consistent. Four runs, all within .06 seconds of each other wow!

Anyways, You guys should go there Wednesdays. It's only $10! And I didn't see any cops, but there was someone racing a Crown Vic police interceptor.

Your friend ran against you in his 1G N/A? ROFL It was for fun right? I mean he did know he had no chance right? So did he set a time without stalling? and if so what was it?

He had a chance. He dialed in for 16 seconds, but when he stalled it, it took him 20.81. Because of his dial in, he gets a 2.3 second head start. The Cobalt that knocked me out of the third round eliminations only did a 16.02.

The only other run my friend with the N/A ever did in his life, was a 17.78 @ 76mph when we first showed up that night. It's strictly for fun, and if your lucky, for a trophy.

He had a chance. He dialed in for 16 seconds, but when he stalled it, it took him 20.81. Because of his dial in, he gets a 2.3 second head start. The Cobalt that knocked me out of the third round eliminations only did a 16.02.

The only other run my friend with the N/A ever did in his life, was a 17.78 @ 76mph when we first showed up that night. It's strictly for fun, and if your lucky, for a trophy.

Had I read your post more carefully I would have noticed that it's not a race :coy: sorry it's late I'm tired

It is a race, but it's like bracket racing. You choose your dial, then you try to run as close as you can to your dail, without running quicker than your dial. If one car dials in at 12, and the other dials a 14, the car that dials 12, gets a green light two seconds after the car that dials a 14. If they both run exactly what they dial, they would finish at the same time. If you can run exactly what you dial, you have a good chance at winning, even if you run 20s. That frickin Cobalt dialed a 15.80. That put him about 55 feet ahead of me before my light even turned green. That turns into a few hundred feet really quick when you're spinning in first. I really ran him down in the 1/4 mile, but he still beat me by eight hundreths of a second. I should bring my 2.2L Accord automatic; it would probably run the exact same time every run, with no effort. Slow as hell, but consistent.

do they do this every wednesday?, if so ill have to bring my talon i run a contant 14.03 every time.

colt yoyu let a damed ol chevy beat you looks like were gonna have to up the ponys under the hood of the lil colt..ROFL ill have to take up the talon and the maxima LOL if you cant do it in one try the other....:hellyeah: in other news guys the meets is still on for july at jamestown park let me know if you would be interested in going...

Yeah every Wednesday. Yeah a Chevy beat me, and my licence plate frame says," This MOPAR eats Chevys and shits fords". Anyway, I was wrong, my runner up trophy is waiting in the tower.

PS. I already said I'd be there. I think I PM'd you last week.

Yeah it's a lot more fun when you get a chance to win a trophy, and you don't have to be the fastest one out there to win. Consistency is the name of the game. The Cobalt that beat me was a full two seconds slower. It's only ten bucks on Wednesday, and $13 for test and tune on Fridays and Saturdays. Once you're in, you get as many runs as you have time for.

Way better than Dunn Tire Raceway Wednesday nights near me, where it's free to get in, but $5 for each 1/8 mile pass. I will say, Dunn tire really fills up though. Tons of cars, billions of chicks, but no timeslips.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back