The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Another Open 02 Dump Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chanley talon

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 10, 2005
Spencer, Indiana
All right I been reading. I read that an open o2 dump will not increase power just noise. But , I have one question. What if you have a 2.5-inch turbo down pipe and you're running 25 psi? Wouldn't the 1.5 open dump pipe help flow and increase the power capability? If you add the 2.5 plus the 1.5 opening, that is a total of 4 inches flowing under high boost. Seems like that would make more power than trying to squeeze back through the 2.5-inch collector. Am I wrong or is the dyno the only person who is going to know?

It is like a bigger exhaust but it is not the same as a 4 inch exhaust. I haven't had one in 15 years but on a stock downpipe and 2.5 inch cat back it felt similar to a 2.5 inch downpipe. Spool was better with a 2.5 inch downpipe as a dump tube does nothing until its open.

I can say this in the 500 horsepower range when I rerouted my open dump back into the downpipe I lost 37 horse I like the quietness but I'm thinking about dumping it again. Really all depends on your setup how you're utilizing it and where your restrictions are

3" exhaust doesn't become a restriction until something like 600hp worth of exhaust flow coming out of the engine/turbo. If you're not running "low" boost you won't hear the vented dump until you're on kill throttle position in high rpms.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back