1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Aftermarket Boost Gauge Doesn't Work on Hot Start??

Posted by 93RS, Mar 14, 2014

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. 93RS

93RS Proven Member

Joined Oct 3, 2011
    Brandon, South Dakota
    I have a Sunpro boost gauge that works great except for hot starts. If I shut the car off and restart it within 5-10 minutes the gauge still works. Now, if I shut it off and start it up to 2-3 hrs later the gauge reads zero. If you build boost it will read that but when you let off it returns to 0. It only does it for a few minutes, so its not really a big deal but it is kind of annoying. Im curious to see if anyone else has this issue, or if its common with Dsm's. Just curious, Thanks guys.

Street Build 155  8

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

781  12

1992 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
    202 whp · 216.5 lb/ft · 1G DSM
  2. lil corb

lil corb Proven Member

Joined Sep 7, 2005
    Woodbridge, Virginia
    When it works is it showing proper vacuum and boost? I have that problem only in the summer time with my DEFI Red Racer for my evo. If it's hot outside the gauge will stick on zero and after a couple of minutes will work again. It only happens during hot weather so I am thinking it has to do with the gauge itself. I think you are having a similiar problem as well. Double check your vacuum lines for any leaks or rips to make sure. If everything checks out, you might want to look into another gauge if it bothers.

Drag Race Build 1K  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.2 @ 103 · 1G DSM
  3. Auto RS T

Auto RS T Proven Member

Joined Nov 15, 2002
    Norwalk, Ohio
    Where exactly is the boost gauge tapped into?

Street Build 880  4

1992 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
    10.952 @ 125.27 · 1G DSM

761  17

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.104 @ 118.450 · 1G DSM