The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Aftermarket Boost Gauge Doesn't Work on Hot Start??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93RS

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 3, 2011
Brandon, South_Dakota
I have a Sunpro boost gauge that works great except for hot starts. If I shut the car off and restart it within 5-10 minutes the gauge still works. Now, if I shut it off and start it up to 2-3 hrs later the gauge reads zero. If you build boost it will read that but when you let off it returns to 0. It only does it for a few minutes, so its not really a big deal but it is kind of annoying. Im curious to see if anyone else has this issue, or if its common with Dsm's. Just curious, Thanks guys.

When it works is it showing proper vacuum and boost? I have that problem only in the summer time with my DEFI Red Racer for my evo. If it's hot outside the gauge will stick on zero and after a couple of minutes will work again. It only happens during hot weather so I am thinking it has to do with the gauge itself. I think you are having a similiar problem as well. Double check your vacuum lines for any leaks or rips to make sure. If everything checks out, you might want to look into another gauge if it bothers.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back