The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Aftermarket Alarm/Remote Start/Turbo Timer Install Wiring Diagram

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This applies only for 2Gs (1995-1999). If you are installing an aftermarket alarm and/or remote starter this should help you out. This should also help out those installing turbo timers. There are various diagrams available online, but a lot of them seem to be wrong, and most if not all are very vague. For a lot of us who like to do things ourselves it makes things difficult. So finally here is a more detailed and hopefully more accurate diagram for us. Enjoy!

If you want to use your turbo timer with your aftermarket alarm, please read my entry on that here:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...imer-together-easy-way-no-cutting-relays.html

**Always verify the wire by probing using a multimeter**

Polarity Values:
+ Positive
- Negative

Wire: Constant 12V Power
Color: White
Polarity: +
Notes: It's a big FAT white wire. You can't miss it. Get appropriate taps, this thing is a 12-10 gauge.

Wire: Starter
Color: Black/Red
Notes:

Wire: Accessory
Color: Blue
Notes: This is one of the wires a lot of diagrams have wrong.

Wire: Ignition 1
Color: Black/White

Wire: Ignition 2
Color: Blue/Black

Wire: Tach
Color: White
Location: ECU Harness in driver's kick pane (right side) PIN 58
Location 2: ECU Harness in driver's kick pane (right side) PIN 89
Location 3: Gauge Cluster
Location 4: Engine Bay @ Coil Pack
Color for Location 4: Blue/Black
Notes: I personally used PIN 58 @ the ECU. It offered me the most convenient and cleanest install. Also PIN 58 is what you tap the AFC RPM wire for some justification.

Wire: Parking Lights
Color: Green/White
Polarity: -
Notes: Remember this is NEGATIVE polarity, check with your alarms output if you are having issues. Remove the black 2 piece covering the steering column to reveal where this wire is.
Location 2: Driver's Kick Panel
Color for Location 2: Green/White
Notes: You will see a group of wires running up towards you. It would be just on the left side of your leg towards upward in the dash.

Wire: Door Trigger
Color: Red/White
Notes: I use this and recommend it because a lot of us will have that fade to black light when we close the doors, which causes a delay. Remove the gauge cluster and you will see 3 harnesses. Pop out the middle one and you should see the wire to tap into. You can double check by tracing the wires from the gauge cluster itself to see which PIN it is on the harness.
Location 2: Driver's Kick Panel
Location 3: Along Kick Panel By the Door
Location 4: Rear Driver's Side Kick Panel
Color for Location 2, 3, 4: Red/Green
Notes: These locations are what all the diagrams usually suggest. This will have the dome light fade delay which might cause you some problems and your alarm acting weird because it won't see the door actually close until the dome light fades to black. All the locations are the same wire. It's the door trigger switch on the side that the door pushes against to show its closed. This wire runs along side all the locations above. It might be a bit more difficult finding this up front by the Driver's Kick Panel because there are A LOT of wires up there. Along the door kick panel (it's that grey strip you always step on when going in and out of the car) is a bit easier since it narrows down the wires you have to deal with. Just pop out that door trim kick panel and you'll see the wires running across. The last location is behind the driver's seat. Basically right where you see the door trigger. You will have to remove that rear driver's side pane. Now you see why I suggest location 1.

Wire: Dome Light Supervision
Color: Red/Green
Location 1: Driver's Kick Panel
Location 2: Along Kick Panel By the Door
Location 3: Rear Driver's Side Kick Panel
Notes: Must use relay. You will see if your aftermarket alarm has this option it will most likely tell you to use a relay. The locations above are actually for the Door Trigger wire. The delay is not an issue in this aspect. I have not tried using the Gauge Cluster Red/White for this. Since this feature almost/always uses a relay, with the tight space already behind the cluster, it was not convenient. The most convenient was along the Driver's Kick Panel where there is plenty of space to mount the relay.

Wire: Brake
Color: Green or Green/White
Notes: Easy wire to locate, follow the brake pedal up until you see it connected to some switch/small harness. I say Green or Green/White because I can't recall and other diagrams have either or and I could have sworn I saw it both ways before. Either way, one of the wires will have Green on it and it should only have one other wire with it which is a totally different color, so it's whatever wire that has the Green.

Wire: Power Doors Unlock
Color: Brown
Location 1: Driver's Kick Panel by Firewall behind Fuse Box
Notes: This is for unlocking both doors. A lot of diagrams list this, but it is difficult to find because there are so many wires here. So now I tell you where it is to save you a lot of time. There is a harness BEHIND the Fuse Box in the Driver's Kick panel. Loosen the lower bolt that is holding it down then pull the fuse box towards you. This will reveal some harnesses. Pull them out and you will locate this wire.
Location 2: Driver's Kick Panel close to the door.
Notes: This is for unlocking both doors. This might be a little easier to work with. You will see a grommet that brings a bunch of wires to the door panel. You know when you open the door, in between you can see that flexible wire loom. Well thats all the wires leading to the door panel, just follow that to where it goes inside to the Driver's Kick Panel. It's easy to miss because of the mess of wires down there, but you will see it. It's very hard to work in this space, its very tight. Unbolt 2 10mm bolts that hold that bracket that the small footwell light holds and it will give you more room. Cut away at the electric tape and wire loom and it will reveal this and many other wires you will probably be using all in one location.
Location 3: Behind the Radio (ONLY FOR VEHICLES WITHOUT FACTORY ALARM)
Color for Location 3: Brown/Blue
Notes: Not a lot of people use this location, but it is an alternative. PLEASE NOTE that for vehicles that came with factory alarm (keyless entry) using this location will ONLY UNLOCK DRIVER'S SIDE. You can use this as Driver's Priority Unlock. If your alarm has this feature you would connect it here. Meaning when you press unlock only driver's side unlocks, then pressing it again would unlock the passenger side. This mimics the stock alarm's setup. It would be ashamed to buy an expensive aftermarket alarm and not do this feature, it would almost make your new alarm inferior. Anyways, for those of us who do not have factory alarm tapping to this wire would unlock all the doors as normal. I have confirmed this because I have 2 GSXs one with factory alarm and one without. This wire is in a harness that connects to a relay. It should be the one on the furthest right if you were looking at the radio.

Wire: Power Doors Lock
Color: Brown/White
Notes:This is for locking both doors. A lot of diagrams list this, but it is difficult to find because there are so many wires here. So now I tell you where it is to save you a lot of time. There is a harness BEHIND the Fuse Box in the Driver's Kick panel. Loosen the lower bolt that is holding it down then pull the fuse box towards you. This will reveal some harnesses. Pull them out and you will locate this wire.
Location 2: Driver's Kick Panel close to the door.
Notes: This is for locking both doors. This might be a little easier to work with. You will see a grommet that brings a bunch of wires to the door panel. You know when you open the door, in between you can see that flexible wire loom. Well thats all the wires leading to the door panel, just follow that to where it goes inside to the Driver's Kick Panel. It's easy to miss because of the mess of wires down there, but you will see it. It's very hard to work in this space, its very tight. Unbolt 2 10mm bolts that hold that bracket that the small footwell light holds and it will give you more room. Cut away at the electric tape and wire loom and it will reveal this and many other wires you will probably be using all in one location.
Location 3: Behind the Radio
Color for Location 3: Still Need to Verify (I believe it was Brown/Red or Red/Blue) Same notes below apply.
Notes: Not a lot of people use this location, but it is an alternative. There is no such thing as Driver's Lock priority so don't worry if you have or don't have factory alarm. This locks all the doors. This wire is in a harness that connects to a relay. It should be the one on the furthest right if you were looking at the radio.

Wire: Driver Priority Unlock
Color: Blue/Black
Notes: This is for alarms that have the feature to unlock driver's side only first. You will see a grommet that brings a bunch of wires to the door panel. You know when you open the door, in between you can see that flexible wire loom. Well thats all the wires leading to the door panel, just follow that to where it goes inside to the Driver's Kick Panel. It's easy to miss because of the mess of wires down there, but you will see it. It's very hard to work in this space, its very tight. Unbolt 2 10mm bolts that hold that bracket that the small footwell light holds and it will give you more room. Cut away at the electric tape and wire loom and it will reveal this and many other wires you will probably be using all in one location.
Location 2: Behind the Radio (ONLY FOR VEHICLES WITH FACTORY ALARM)
Color for Location 2: Brown/Blue
Notes: PLEASE NOTE you can only use this location for Driver Priority Unlock ONLY IF your vehicle came with factory alarm (keyless entry). If not and you use this wire, it will just unlock all the doors. I have confirmed this because I have 2 GSXs one with factory alarm and one without. This wire is in a harness that connects to a relay. It should be the one on the furthest right if you were looking at the radio.

Wire: Factory Alarm Disarm
Color: Green/White
Notes: This is one of those wires that become difficult to find and when diagrams list it at Driver's Kick Panel you wish they were more specific. Well now here you go.. You will see a grommet that brings a bunch of wires to the door panel. You know when you open the door, in between you can see that flexible wire loom. Well thats all the wires leading to the door panel, just follow that to where it goes inside to the Driver's Kick Panel. It's easy to miss because of the mess of wires down there, but you will see it. It's very hard to work in this space, its very tight. Unbolt 2 10mm bolts that hold that bracket that the small footwell light holds and it will give you more room. Cut away at the electric tape and wire loom and it will reveal this and many other wires you will probably be using all in one location. CAUTION: There is another wire in this loom that is green/yellow (Which is the Arm wire), if you are working in low light, make sure you don't confuse the 2 because they may look similar.

Wire: Factory Alarm Arm
Color: Green/Yellow
Notes: This is one of those wires that become difficult to find and when diagrams list it at Driver's Kick Panel you wish they were more specific. Well now here you go.. You will see a grommet that brings a bunch of wires to the door panel. You know when you open the door, in between you can see that flexible wire loom. Well thats all the wires leading to the door panel, just follow that to where it goes inside to the Driver's Kick Panel. It's easy to miss because of the mess of wires down there, but you will see it. It's very hard to work in this space, its very tight. Unbolt 2 10mm bolts that hold that bracket that the small footwell light holds and it will give you more room. Cut away at the electric tape and wire loom and it will reveal this and many other wires you will probably be using all in one location. CAUTION: There is another wire in this loom that is green/white (Which is the Disarm wire), if you are working in low light, make sure you don't confuse the 2 because they may look similar.

Wire: Neutral Safety Switch
Color: Brown/Red
Notes: Did not need for my install, so not verified by me. This info is from VFAQ.
Location 2: PCM behind center console.
Color for Location 2: Black/White
Notes: Did not need for my install, so not verified by me. This info is from the12volt.com.

Wire: OEM Factory Horn
Color: Green/Black
Notes: Did not need for my install, so not verified by me, but easy to find. I've seen it before. Should be able to locate the wire in the harness of the steering column. The horn is obviously there, so just look for this wire there.
Location 2: Steering column
Color for Location 2: Green/Red
Notes: Did not need for my install, so not verified by me, but easy to find. I've seen it before. Should be able to locate the wire in the harness of the steering column. The horn is obviously there, so just look for this wire there. This color was also noted for the horn on both VFAQ & the12volt.com.

Wire: Window Up Driver's Side
Color: Green/Red
Polarity:
Notes: For alarms that have option to control power windows. This if from VFAQ. These need relays to apply 12V to the respective wire to move the window up or down.

Wire: Window Down Driver's Side
Color: Green/Blue
Polarity:
Notes: For alarms that have option to control power windows. This if from VFAQ. These need relays to apply 12V to the respective wire to move the window up or down.

Wire: Window Up Passenger's Side
Color: Brown/Yellow
Polarity:

Wire: Window Down Passenger's Side
Color: Green/Yellow
Polarity:

UNFINISHED MANY MORE, but going home no way to save, will edit and finish in a bit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back