The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Turbo Timer install with aftermarket alarm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INTRO
I did the install with an Apex'i TT on a 95 Talon TSi so those with Greddy's, it should be similar.

Follow Turbo Timer install as per instructions that came with the timer, if you cant do this part, call an alarm shop or someone else how to do this. Also READ THIS WHOLE ENTIRE THING AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND IT ALL AND COULD LOCATE EVERYTHING DECRIBED IN THIS ARTICLE BEFORE GOING DOWN THERE AND CUTTING UP WIRES AND SPLICING THINGS IN THE WRONG PLACES I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR STUPIDITY

Fun hacking part
Most of this is from vFaq, so now on the driver side, under the fusebox down there and there should be a few relays and 3 or so harnesses.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

We are going to be playing with harnesses B-49 and B-66. If its easier (I found it easier) remove relays B-67 and B-68 to get to the two harnesses and unplug them.

Cut the wire leading to pin 6 (black with white stripe) on B-49. Be sure and leave yourself enough length attached to B-49, so as to be able to reach pin 9 (blue) of B-49, and be able to use it with one of those handy-dandy snap crimp connectors. Take the part of the pin 6 wire that is going into the B-49 connector, and splice it into the pin 9 wire, without cutting the pin 9 wire. Leave the other half of the pin 6 wire dangling, we'll use it again later.

Now, in order to make sure that the brake circuit has power, so as to be able to engage the safety circuit, we must make one more connection.

On plug B-66, snip the wire going to pin 5 (black with white stripe), and tape up the part going into the B-66 plug.

Take the remaining piece, and connect it (either with a butt crimp connector or with our handy-dandy connectors) to the wire we left dangling from pin 6 of B-49 (discussed above).

DO NOT CUT THE BLUE WIRE ON THE TURBO TIMER HARNESS LIKE THE DIAGRAM SAYS

Thats it if you have the factory alarm, but in our case, we don't so its just a little more work. This lets you arm your alarms but youll note that it goes off, bummer eh?

Now this is the part I found out myself, if you can find your alarm control box thingy, there will be a harness on it with wires comming out for the LED, Siren and all that. On the box itself there should be a lable for where all the wires go to, in my case yellow went to ACC 12V. Cut the ACC12V wire and you should be good to go.

You can now put back the relays and anything else you removed from the fuseblock and test everything, if it all works, your done!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back