The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

AFR super Rich?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hakmak

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2007
Brooklyn, New_York
So I'm new to the tuning scene and been learning alot thanks to Ceddy and others (Absit for opening my eyes the this whole new world and dboyle23 for his How to: get a basic tune thread)....Just had to give some well deserved credit. You guys Rock! :hellyeah:

Here's my question, I just installed my LC-1 WB and been monitoring it for the past couple days (190 wally and stock injectors). I've been looking at the stock untuned high octane fuel map 1 for my 98GST (20550011 ROM) and noticed that from idle to WOT my AFR readings are along the 7000RPM scale all the way to the 180 load. Is this normal? I've read other forums where they said that 12.3-.8 is normal at idle. but I think 9.5-.3 at WOT is super rich for what I've been reading but I'm unsure.

After doing some more research I'm going to remove my GM MAF and MAFT. I'm also wondering if the rear 02 sensor wire being ripped off can cause this too? That is unclear. Yea but I think re-circulating might be the best thing for me right now. This sucks, I'm Certainly no ricer but I really love the sound of my vented HKS SSQv3.

I'm also getting like 5 mpg which is killing me as this is my daily driver.

So I finally get rid of my GM MAFT (2g MAF is back until SD that is) and re-cir venting :( so no more sweet sounding chirp from my HKS. And replaced my damaged rear O2. but I'm still idling at 11.8-12ish. I have a CEL p1104 light. Car runs kinda sluggish until it hit about 5-7 psi. I'm running a MBC so I disabled the BCS (pulled vac lines) but still have it plugged in, do you think a faulty BCS would cause me to run rich?...Did a boost leak and everything seem to be running fine. I also have one of those bleeder type MBC so I have to plug it somehow when doing a BLT or else all the air rushes straight out.

Try eliminating the mbc and have the wastegate connected straight to a boost source.

Also the rear o2 is just for emissions. It doesn't effect fuel trims. Also try clearing the ecu to reset the trims

Ok, I'll try eliminating the MBC. I cleared the ECU to reset the trims (unplugged the positive terminal and switched on the headlight switch for over 1min.) what about the p1104 think that have anything to do with it? I've read that it can be turned off in the Proprietary bits...I've checked my ROM(using Ceddy v1.9) but I didn't see the option for 1104, do anyone know the exact bit?

So I eliminated the MBC and the BLT....found that my PCV valve is leaking like crazy (air was leaking from the breather on the side). I never thought that would be the culprate to this whole bad idling (whole cabin shakes) and running rich mess because I bout it from autozone brand freaking new. So after re-installing my intake I flew down to autozone to pick up a new PCV and guess ###...they had 2 in stock and both were leaking!!! To test, I blew through PCV valve in the direction of coming the intake mani into the VC and air was definitely seeping through. I took up another random PCV to make sure I wasn't going crazy and they passed the test with flying colors.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back