The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink Advice on WOT HX40 on E85

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattp_65

Supporting Member
Aug 16, 2004
Granite Falls, Washington
Hello Tuners,

I am still learning Speed density. Barely broken in my motor and boost is set to wastegate pressure of 1.2 Bars approx 17.4psi but for some reason creeps to 19.5psi per MAP. I am still trying to figure this out but anyways can someone critique my log.
I am trying to get ready for the track by next Saturday. I need some help also on getting my VE under 100. Also do my Timing and AFR look ok? Running E85, please check my Global fuel. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• log.2013.10.13-01.elg
    100 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I don't run SD, so I won't comment on that.

You are too lean in the spool up range from about 3200 rpms to 4000. You are at least 1/2 point leaner than your target which is probably why it had a small amount of knock. 100% E-85 should be able to tolerate that though...

You can probably change your knock settings to more like 3500 rpms, since you aren't really boosting much until then.

You should be able to get MUCH more timing than that! From about 4500 up you need to be ramping timing back up. You should be able to get around 20* timing with that fuel. Not that you will NEED that much to maximize your setup, but E-85 requires/tolerates more timing so you probably will.

Get your AFR inconsistencies straightened out (it only needs some minor tweaking since it does look pretty good!) Then start adding timing until you get diminishing returns. In other words start adding a degree or two at a time doing back to back pulls on the same stretch of road and comparing 70-90mph acceleration times. (or 60-80 times if you aren't shifting any higher than you are in that log) When your times do not show any more improvement then stop adding timing. I would expect you to end up in the 20* range if everything is running well.

I know every setup is different, but I run 60% E85 and I get 21-22* timing running anywhere from 30-38psi on on an HX-35 and 9:1 CR with 11.8-12.2 AFR. (I run non-projected plugs which has the affect of reducing the timing advance a couple degrees, so I am effectively right around 20*)

I don't run SD, so I won't comment on that.

You are too lean in the spool up range from about 3200 rpms to 4000. You are at least 1/2 point leaner than your target which is probably why it had a small amount of knock. 100% E-85 should be able to tolerate that though...

You can probably change your knock settings to more like 3500 rpms, since you aren't really boosting much until then.

You should be able to get MUCH more timing than that! From about 4500 up you need to be ramping timing back up. You should be able to get around 20* timing with that fuel. Not that you will NEED that much to maximize your setup, but E-85 requires/tolerates more timing so you probably will.

Get your AFR inconsistencies straightened out (it only needs some minor tweaking since it does look pretty good!) Then start adding timing until you get diminishing returns. In other words start adding a degree or two at a time doing back to back pulls on the same stretch of road and comparing 70-90mph acceleration times. (or 60-80 times if you aren't shifting any higher than you are in that log) When your times do not show any more improvement then stop adding timing. I would expect you to end up in the 20* range if everything is running well.

I know every setup is different, but I run 60% E85 and I get 21-22* timing running anywhere from 30-38psi on on an HX-35 and 9:1 CR with 11.8-12.2 AFR. (I run non-projected plugs which has the affect of reducing the timing advance a couple degrees, so I am effectively right around 20*)

Thanks My1gLaser! I will up the timing and do another run soon.
Also I will get the AFR closer together.
Any help is appreciated.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back