The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

A run against a mark VIII

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99GSTszeikus

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 5, 2003
Elmhurst, Illinois
I ran into mark 8 last night while going to my house with my friend in the car. We were just messing around for a while until we caught a light. The mark 8 got me off the line by about a half a car, i managed to catch up with him in second and from then on we were dead even till around 130 mph, where i slowed down because my friend was about to piss his pants. I didn't get to talk to the guy because i had to get off an exit in order to go to my house. What i was wondering is do those things have a speed governer, or something like it. Also what do they ussually run in the 1/4 mile?

A Mark VIII ?? They have powerful V8's in them. Pops had a Mark VII and that thing got down.

"Also what do they ussually run in the 1/4 mile?" slower than a stock dsm. one of three things happened: either you cant drive, theres a problem with your car or he was modded pretty good. With the mods you have I can understand him launching on you , but on the top end you should have opulled on him pretty hard.
Andrew

those things are turds to me. I kill them all the time and I am on the stock t25. There is something wrong with your car man.

DSMeclipse4G63 i have never been to the track, so i don't know what i run in the 1/4. Also it's not my driving, i got a great deal on this car when i bought it but it's automatic. Plus my t25 falls off to about 10 psi after 5500 rpms.

99GSTszeikus said:
DSMeclipse4G63 i have never been to the track, so i don't know what i run in the 1/4. Also it's not my driving, i got a great deal on this car when i bought it but it's automatic. Plus my t25 falls off to about 10 psi after 5500 rpms.

well being as though your auto then you have less top end, they have 205hp and 220 torque as compared to the 210 214 on thew manuals. My t25 didnt fall off boost till 6k when I was stock and did have decent top end(14.9@95mph stock)no where nearly as good as my b16g but no slouch. he must have alot done to it then cause even though your auto you still should have pulled on him.
Andrew

DSMeclipse4G63 said:
well being as though your auto then you have less top end, they have 205hp and 220 torque as compared to the 210 214 on thew manuals. My t25 didnt fall off boost till 6k when I was stock and did have decent top end(14.9@95mph stock)no where nearly as good as my b16g but no slouch. he must have alot done to it then cause even though your auto you still should have pulled on him.
Andrew

Agreed, those thing s aren't the lightest cars around either.

my friend had a mark VIII the Full blown top of the line. With Traction control. flip that on, and punch it. Also had a built Automatic. made a World of diffrence.

The Motor is a v8 DOHC. Its kinda like a Cobra motor. The head is diffrent. and the cams I think.

The Lincoln Mark VIII came out in 93 replacing the Mark VII. The first motor it came with was a DOHC (4cam) 4.6L V8. Rated at 280hp/285ft/lbs. In 94 Lincoln produced LSC version of the VIII. It rated 290hp. The motor was pulled out of the Mustang but the intake was revised as was the ignition system. Instead of it intake facing the cockpit it faced away to reduce engine noice in the cabin. The spark plugs had there own coil packs to keep the engine smooth when accelerating. Curb weight was about 3800 lbs. But thats all I know about the Mark VIII

ldstang50 said:
The Lincoln Mark VIII came out in 93 replacing the Mark VII. The first motor it came with was a DOHC (4cam) 4.6L V8. Rated at 280hp/285ft/lbs. In 94 Lincoln produced LSC version of the VIII. It rated 290hp. The motor was pulled out of the Mustang but the intake was revised as was the ignition system. Instead of it intake facing the cockpit it faced away to reduce engine noice in the cabin. The spark plugs had there own coil packs to keep the engine smooth when accelerating. Curb weight was about 3800 lbs. But thats all I know about the Mark VIII

Plus with the v8 and a highway gear, Im surprised he didnt run away from you on the top end. You should of had him up to about 100mph but that is when he should have started pulling past you.

4.30s,3000 stall, magnaflows, chip gets them into the high 13's.

Good run.

stock they run 15.2's and 0-60 in 7 seconds flat.

I've got a 96 Mark 8 - Love it - Great car for old fat guys who like a fair RWD ride that's still fun - 96K - 4.6 Liter 32 Valve, 4 Overhead Cams - close ratio Automatic that shifts solid - Never burnt a drop of oil in it's life - They are cheap, & few of them have been dogged like the Cobra Mustangs. The only car I've ever owned that I've never ran as fast as it would go - top end is way out there somewhere....

i don't believe that it was supercharged, i didn't hear any whinning coming from it, i heard an intake but that's about all that i heard. i haven't run into another one of these that is willing to race but if i do ill make sure to post on how it goes, plus im going to the track this weekend if the weather permits, and ill post my time.

They DO make a little noise when you romp down on that 32 Valve Motor - it feels great - the Hood pops up - the rear end squats - God Bless RWD :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back