1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

98 gst with 96 gst engine

Posted by dcboosted2, Aug 25, 2019

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. dcboosted2

dcboosted2 Probationary Member

Joined Aug 25, 2019
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    I have a 98 gst shell i bought and a 96 gst parta car i bought i took the engine out of the 96 to put in the 98 figured it would just be simple swap but the cas is different how can I make this work? The 98 gst had a 1g cas in also ready I havent taken it out yet but the connecter for the 98 cas is still there. Can i just cut the connector off and wire it to the sensor on the engine itself? Any help will do the engine is stock I dont have a link either

2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    I already provided you a link to a write-up for swapping the 2g to a 1g CAS in your other thread. Go click the link and read the write-up, and please don't make multiple threads covering the exact same issue.

Street Build 165  3

1990 Plymouth Laser N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM

257  8

1987 Toyota Pickup/Hilux
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 793  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 1K  1

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM