The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

20260810_193157.jpg

98 Eclipse GS high school dream build

Built 98 eclipse gs 420a turbo, aside from the manual the car is 1:1 what we had in highschool.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That was a thought that I think I might actually do. It already has a good catch can setup that I like. I'll probably powder coat it black while it's off.

This car is in about 15 different stages at the moment. I've been cleaning out my garage and I've decided to donate most of my 4g63 parts to my brother. I have no use for them and I've held onto alot of them over the years for just in case moments. I don't see myself getting another one of these cars unfortunately. Most of my time and money will go into perfecting what I have and I won't feel to guilty letting them sit if they have too.
 
It's been a minute but I am slowly still fixing the rust and cleaning the car. I pretty much have the whole front end disassembled. I try to spend at least an hour a night working on the car but things have been real busy around here. I have all winter to really dig into it so I haven't been real fast at it.
I wish I could just give you my car for a few months and you could work your magic on all the rust on it. I have no welder (or experience) and you're super thorough with the fixes. You're out here saving the DSMs one by one :dsm:.
 
I appreciate the kind words. I'm definitely trying thats for sure. As much as I'd love to find a clean one I know there won't be any left soon so we might as well start saving the crusty ones too. I actually didn't know anything about body work until I decided to tackle these cars rust problems. I started doing these about 6 years ago. It makes it alot easier to cut out any panel I need from my rust free car, doing it from scratch takes some creativity.
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest Classifieds

Back
Top