The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

97 Eclipse GSX 'SP Going For High HP'

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just going to give this update with out pictures...

First off Ive put a little over 50 miles on it, has a solid tune, under normal running conditions and under boost only running 11psi and the clutch is still braking in so Im taking it easy. I removed all the speakers and head unit, this is turning in to a full on drag car, but will still be road legal, I want to be able to drive it daily if need be. But I will be getting rid of any unneeded wires and interior brackets. She will also be getting a roll cage during the winter!

I just went through a bit of a spending spree and its to only continue...

12 gal Fuel cell
Wally 255 inline fuel pump with 6an steel braided line from tank to filter
Battery relocation things (Box, 2 gauge wire, battery shut off and mounting post for the bay)

Next up is a 3" electric cut out, Im going to make a custom downpipe so I can have a side exit exhaust out of the front fender with the cut out and have a normal 3" exhaust like any other car would. I will not be doing any of this work for another few weeks so this will be the last update until then!

I got most of my parts in the last weekend I was home, 12 Gal JAZ fuel cell with 8an out and in and 6 an vent. Tank to filter steel braided lines with a wally 255 in line fuel pump, some DEI heat wrap and a used QTP exhaust cut out. I need more heat wrap to do everything I want to but this is enough to cover my dump and small part of my IC piping fir now. More update with the cell going in will in the next couple of weeks. I also got the battery relocation kit and a battery shut off which will be mounted next to the rear license plate.

IMAG0425.jpg

Last edited:
Today I got the spare tire well cut out, it was much lighter than I thought it would be but this will still clean up the back a lot.
IMAG0451.jpg

I also got the sheet metal cut to fit the picture is bad so I will get a better one tomorrow, Im going to cut a hole in it to put the small drop down portion of the fuel cell so the rest of it lays flat. I will also hopefully get my battery relocated to the back and have the back all cleaned up.
IMAG0452.jpg

Last edited:
Another update... I got the fuel cell and the battery box in nothing is really bolted in yet just making sure everything holds up and fits how I want it, I still need to paint it to finish it up.

IMAG0459.jpg

I also got the battery shut off in and now I just need to get it wired up.

IMAG0460.jpg

Last edited:
might sound crazy but what are you doing with the spare tire well? mine is rusted and i would like to weld yours in if you are going to trash it.

Did some wire harness reduction today getting rid of everything I didn't absolutely need. Before I go on this is not something that any one can go and do, if you are not neat or very careful you will end up cutting something you weren't supposed to.

This is my current mess

IMAG0462.jpg

This is part of it done

IMAG0463.jpg

And these are most of the wires that are now gone!

IMAG0464.jpg

Last edited:
I did a ton of work to her where it was kinda warm out. After not running for about 2 months she started up with no issues!

My new quick release, need to fix the stitching a bit but works for now.
IMAG0504.jpg

Size difference.
IMAG0505.jpg

Dash out.
IMAG0508.jpg

Heater core and AC and some brackets gone
IMAG0509.jpg

IMAG0510.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow I can get all the wires cut back and finished up so the dash can go back on!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back