The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

95 TSI AWD, Going for 600 whp weekend cruiser

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kubs769

Probationary Member
Dec 8, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Well first things first, I traded my perfectly running 94 integer gsr straight up for this 95 eagle talon with a 1g 7 bolt swap. The integer had 230000 miles on it and the Talon had 72000. Was not running when I got it. :D, So now I have an amazing winter build. I knew the original owner and had seen this car in action when it was running properly, so don't give me that whole thing about why trade a running car for non running. Oh forgot to mention that the original owner decided to put 14000 into the motor before he decided it was time for a new build.:hell yeah:, Now that I have it the build started with a new ignition as its coils were bad, so plugs wires and coil pack all new, sounds awesome right, Well I got the thing started, Little did I know that the car needed to be tuned asap. Well before I decided to have my buddy tune it I was very worried about everything else that was going on. So I did what any guy would do and did all the maintenance that a car needs. When I got around to changing the oil it became very clear that it had been flooded out a handful of times as there was about a quart worth of gas mixed in with the oil.:nono: So now it had me worried that all the bearings were probably shot so I decided it was time to fix everything that was wrong with this car instead of just getting it running.:D what can I say Im a bit of an overachiever.
IMG_0732_zpsa5dad74c.jpg.html
IMG_0730_zps882c33ab.jpg.html
[/IMG]
IMG_0764_zpsaf69fb23.jpg.html
[/IMG]
This is how it was when I bought it. Definitely had some issues going on. But definitely has potential as well
IMG_0760_zpsb4bc99e9.jpg.html
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Well thanks for realizing that. So many people call me stupid but I'm looking at 3000 opposed to a full build on my integer that woulda cost me 12000

So I have officially pulled the motor :hell yeah:, now you tell me if you can see at least one of the issues
IMG_0833_zpsbfac4a15.jpg.html

IMG_0834_zps87ee4caa.jpg.html

Off to the machine shop with the head. Good news is that the head is already fully built with hks272 cams, brian crower single valve springs, titanium retainers, ferrea 1.00 mm oversized exhaust and intake valves, bronze guides, arm true time adjustable cam gears. All it needs is a nice port and polish and a new set of revised lifters. not bad for how it is. needs cams polished too.
IMG_0830_zps14f6de8d.jpg.html

IMG_0829_zps5ededb71.jpg.html

IMG_0785_zps243cda95.jpg.html

IMG_0784_zps13a822d0.jpg.html
IMG_0776_zps73e9e009.jpg.html
[/IMG]

Nice 20 g turbo. Needs a rebuild tho. Might look into a better turbo. any suggestions?
IMG_0774_zps519c2268.jpg Photo by Purplemonkey769 | Photobucket

IMG_0770_zps91d39c81.jpg.html

IMG_0846_zps3f1b0089.jpg.html

IMG_0844_zps000898ae.jpg.html

nice set of je pistons, too bad one is bad.
IMG_0838_zpse285f0c8.jpg.html

IMG_0836_zpsbb557ba3.jpg Photo by Purplemonkey769 | Photobucket
a bit worn
IMG_0835_zps0f255606.jpg Photo by Purplemonkey769 | Photobucket

also my pics don't load properly. If you follow the link it will bring you straight to photo bucket and show you all my pics, I will be adding them as I go. Anyone that can help me out on loading pics directly to the forum thread please pm me. Thanks

Mod list of car when I purchased it
hks cams, 20g turbo, spearco fmic, 2.5" intercooler piping(no good), half assed bov, arm true time cam gears, brian crower valve springs, retainers, ferrea oversized valves, bronze valve guides, je 8.1:1 pistons, manley rods( not sure exact ones but these are huge), stock crank and girdle, 750cc injectors(too small), running ecm link v3, all aftermarket gauges, arm sideband, 3" full exhaust, stock manifold, um.... sure there are several things I have missed, cometic head gasket, acl bearings throughout as well as arp hardware. If you have any other questions on parts and what not feel free to ask. Pretty much taking this thing completely apart to do some of the modifications I want personally and rebuilding complete motor. Like I said I want to hit the 600 whp mark with ease

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back