1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G '95 GSX Interior

Posted by TuningFarmer, Jan 17, 2021

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. TuningFarmer

TuningFarmer Probationary Member

Joined Jan 17, 2021
    Sharon Springs, Kansas
    First off, I'm sorry if this has been asked, I tried a quick search and wasn't coming up with quite what I was hoping for.

I have been blessed to become a proud new owner of a 2g Eclipse GSX and I couldn't be happier. It's a rough car, but I like working on stuff, plus a got a second 4G63T and not much rust with the deal.

Unfortunately, the guys previously had gutted (and in my opinion, poorly) done their own splicing and aftermarket mods on the interior especially.

Does anybody have a diagram or pics of the stock interior wiring and trim pieces? I am trying to figure out what I might be missing.

Sorry if this is a repeat, but browsing without an account, you all seem really knowledgeable on this and I come from a very Big 3 only area. (very rural).

Thanks for any help or advice, and always open to current websites that I can look up to spare you guys stupid questions. (and I do have a factory service manual on it's way)

Street Build 167  1

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. dustyboner

dustyboner DSM Wiseman

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
  3. Dreams Realized

Dreams Realized Proven Member

Joined Jul 23, 2018
    Seattle, Washington
    I have gutted the interior as well so if you have any specific questions about anything post up pics and we can help you out.

Needing interior plastic trim? Hit up performance partout and miller autoparts they have very good selection and they post pics as-is so you know exactly what youre getting. I trust them more than ebay sellers

Street Build 1K  6

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. spyderdrifter

spyderdrifter Freelancer

Joined Jul 11, 2009
    Some where, Colorado
    Which section of interior wiring are you needing pics of? I've stripped my gsx down to just the shell and rebuilt it up from there. Got a lot of pics.

2K  2

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  4

awd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  5

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    automatic · 2G DSM
  5. TuningFarmer

TuningFarmer Probationary Member

Joined Jan 17, 2021
    Sharon Springs, Kansas
    I am mostly trying to look at the Center Dash area, and the middle of the trunk. Doing a spare tire well delete as well as trying to clean up the wiring from the previous owner. Maybe I'm anal retentive, but i don't like the idea of easy to trim wire that is needlessly 3-4 feet long if it is easy to trace and trim more (even if it is under trim panels). Maybe it's the tractors with tons of dead wires I've worked on. :hmm:

Also would love to see how that project progressed spyderdrifter! Got a post up on here?

Dreams Realized, I've been hitting them up a lot here to try to get things in order!

Thanks, dustyboner!

Street Build 167  1

awd · manual · 2G DSM