The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

92+ short throw shifter install on a 90

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devioustsi

15+ Year Contributor
May 5, 2004
Elma, New_York
help
i have a 90 tsi awd 5spd and i just bought a short throw shifter from jdmawd its a rollhard.com and his car if your not aware is 92 5spd tsi awd what do i need to install this shifter? i know the entire shifting unit(shifter, base, bracket, cables, pivot arms on tranny) is different between the two cars ....i have a complete 92 5spd parts car......what do i need from it? anything?

thanx in advance

devioustsi

I would imagine ud have to swap the shifter plate and then put the short throw into the 92 shift plate, but i dont know if you can just do that, cables are probably different too. Im pretty sure ur definately gonna have to use the 92 baseplate and put it in ur car cuz that shifter wont fit ur 90. I just put in a short throw in my 92, but it was a simple bolt in 5 min affair.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back