The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

92 eagle talon auto/manual

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

it will be a world of difference, it will hook up to a hard launch. and you will get the extra pull of the turbo. have fun with you r new car

i am planning on it cus when i get the car i'm putting every full pay check into it cus i don't need to pay bills. but my question was will the manual or auto tranny matter in the acceleration of the awd turbo? not the 420a

If you build a good auto with a converter and sutch it is like the parts needed for a cutch. The auto can load on the torque and deliver it in a linear fashion. The turbo and the auto/torqueinverter like each other very mutch. Tres....

If it helps... I love my auto. Manuals are great and all, but there is nothing better than launching at full boost with an auto.

The auto also has taller gears. IE you could be in second gear when a comparable car might be in third. Fewer shifts = better accel Combine that with no lift to shift :) Always puts a smile on my face!

If it came down to you already having an auto car in mind, or you searching the country for a comparable 5 speed, Id go with whats in front of you .02c

so a auto would be good. and do you think the tsi would beable to beet a chrysler crossfire cus this kid up here wants to race me at fun days its a drag racing thing for our town to test out what our cars got. anyway what would i need if i couldn't?

My car is an auto, but there are times I wish that I would have bought a stick. You have to upgrade transmission parts on the manual before you really need to worry about the automatic, but eventually you'll need a few things.

1. Transmission fluid cooler.
2. Shift kit.
3. High-stall torque converter.
4. Electronic shifter or TCU mod.

I love the automatic when I'm at the drags, but there are days where I'd like fun of driving a manual.

It's all personal preference.

so a auto would be good. and do you think the tsi would beable to beet a chrysler crossfire cus this kid up here wants to race me at fun days its a drag racing thing for our town to test out what our cars got. anyway what would i need if i couldn't?

They are rated at 215hp and they look a bit heavier. If you up the boost on the 92 a bit (get a boost gauge first.) It should be a good race.

Oh, but that's bench racing. ;) The only way to really find out would be to actually race him. Drivers matter.

driving isn't the problem just need a car thats somewhat street legal for him to say a yes to racing me in fun days

what kind of mods could i buy to make certain that i win that race????

Last edited:
(Get a Crossfire as well ..LOL. Or, if you really want to scream out of the gate, get a Bugatti Veyron 16-4).

Wouldn't be a fair race. The Crossfire is a RWD and you want an AWD and lighter than what he is..

Saw someone who had an auto AWD that broke into the low 8's, but don't know what mods he did to his ride..but it was definitely something major..

DSM

well my plans is to have this project done by next year i'm hoping to be pushing about 600hp but idk how much i can put into the engine b4 i have to fix up the tranny

Dude are you serious right now? Your talking about bench racing, you don't know the difference much between manual and auto, and your driving a non-turbo and your saying you want to be pushing 600hp? Wow... :ohdamn:

theres a 500bhp drag racing blazer outside and another 400hp one i know how to race and i know about cars i just want to squeeze some more power out b4 i have to get deep into the car. i want to make sure i will beat him. He won't race the blazer cus he know he will lose thats why i need something that looks slightly street legal

Dude are you serious right now? Your talking about bench racing, you don't know the difference much between manual and auto, and your driving a non-turbo and your saying you want to be pushing 600hp? Wow... :ohdamn:

To the OP, seriously man:confused:. This isn't even realistic. Read up on some of the build threads, and you'll see a realistic timeline for something like this.

And about your original question about differences between an auto or manual...doesn't the manual have the 14b turbo, while automatics have something smaller? Although I don't think it will be very hard to swap over...

theres a 500bhp drag racing blazer outside and another 400hp one i know how to race and i know about cars i just want to squeeze some more power out b4 i have to get deep into the car. i want to make sure i will beat him. He won't race the blazer cus he know he will lose thats why i need something that looks slightly street legal

Im pretty sure we can't discuss stuff like this on here (bench racing)

It doesn't matter if you have a 1000hp blazer outside, if you don't know anything about what your doing(dsm knowledge and modding) your not gonna get far and when you join the forum it says no bench racing etc. Sounds like you have a lot to learn buddy.

its not racing its a event that is legal in my town theres cops and ambulence its like a day at the track but you can race other people its made to keep car with high performance from racing on the streets

Like someone said above, the auto 1g has a smaller turbo, smaller injectors, different FPR etc. You'd need quite a bit before you could even think about competing. This is why you research before you shoot for ridiculous things. You would need a 14b turbo atleast, injectors, fpr, something to compensate for the bigger injectors and the list just go's on. Scan through some threads and think about what you want and then post.

its not racing its a event that is legal in my town theres cops and ambulence its like a day at the track but you can race other people its made to keep car with high performance from racing on the streets

Its not that you can't talk about racing, there's a place for that, but you can't go around asking stuff like "How much power will I get...." or "Can I beat him if..." Just trying to help you along:thumb:

If I were you I'd stick that money into maintenance first, get the thing tip-top shape, then devise a plan - do your research for what turbo you want, what mods you'll need to support it, etc.

You really cant push over 15-16psi on a stock 1st gen w/o doing some mods.
We don't bench-race here because you could suck at driving, so could the other driver, we don't know all the realities that come into play.

Anyway, if you really don't care and want to impress that 15 year-old girl who is watching you guys race - get some race gas and space the hell out of the wastegate actuator - or just wire the flapper shut. Another option is to make your own MBC at crank it to 20psi Do this at your own risk though - you need race gas to do any of this. It's your car - do what you want - but don't come back crying when it spun a rod.

i'm not trying to blow my engine and i'm not impressing anyone i just hate the kid cus he buys a pretty quick car and knows nothing about it and acts all good about he doesn't even know what a alternator is or even were the power steering is just annoys me...

I wasn't implying you were going to blow your engine. Just something to think about before you go and jack up the boost.

IMHO If I was in your situation I'd just turn up the boost w/ race gas.

i'm not trying to blow my engine and i'm not impressing anyone i just hate the kid cus he buys a pretty quick car and knows nothing about it and acts all good about he doesn't even know what a alternator is or even were the power steering is just annoys me...

Your kind of in the same situation there man, your wanting to buy a auto dsm and know nothing about the car and your saying you want to be pushing 600hp by next year. He'll learn just like you'll learn, everyone has to start somewhere. What happens if you race this kid and lose? Then you'll be mad he has a faster car then you and still doesn't know shit. I just don't really see where your going with this..

if i lose i'm not only going to beet him next time but i'm setting a goal for my car and if something does blow up it gives me something to learn money for me is not a problem i want to learn about the car i could easly just bring the dsm to a shop and give em 5g's to fix it up and i can beat him i'm doing this so i could show that kid what a real car with personal work can do rather then spending money on a car just to race and do nothing to it. the thing is i'm using him as a bench mark for me learning how the car runs i love to learn things i'd buy a dsm just to take apart and put it back together the thing is i want to learn he just a kid that thinks his fast cus he gots the money to buy a fast car. so i'm going to buy a dsm so i can show him that a exspensive car doesn't meen its fast.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back