The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

91 Trans into 90 questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosted DSM 32

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 21, 2011
McDonald, Ohio
My 90 gsx has a bad syncro in 1st gear, and 2nd gear is basically gone so i bought a new trans to put in and it came out of a 91 talon tsi awd... Am i going to need to get a 23 spline transfer case? And if so or not what all do i need and im putting a stronger clutch in it since im going to be in there anyways

Swap out the cable brackets on the 91 trans and put your 90 stuff on it. As for the transfer case, count the spline on the trans if it's 22 or 23.

Swap out the cable brackets on the 91 trans and put your 90 stuff on it. As for the transfer case, count the spline on the trans if it's 22 or 23.

Don't forget about the shifter ARM, its longer and needs to be swapped with the shorter 90. Then you will have to adjust out your shifter cables so they are longer.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back