The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

91 awd brake help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1991 awd talon

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Rockford, Illinois
ok so i finally got my rear calipers on the car. i have a 91 talon awd. so i find out that i misplaced my brake lines the ones that go from strut to the caliper. so i go to advanced and i buy two brake lines sounds good enough right? wrong! i go to put them on the car and they look exactly like the ones going from the hard line to the strut! i mean exactly! the only difference is it doesn't have that metal coil wrapped around it. it seems like it'll fit but how am i supposed to tighten both side of it? both have threads! no banjo bolt.

so my question is how do i tighten it down without twisting the line? or did i get the wrong line? am i supposed to have a banjo bolt line? :confused:

oh forgot to mention the reason why im asking is because i took them off about a year ago and im not finding any pictures or diagrams anywhere to help confirm my questions! i even look high and low through the chiltons!

any help or advice is much appreciated! also was thinking about switching to ss. any opinions on that?

Yeah, I would just take em back to Advance. I can't go look for you since I don't have my 1g anymore. But it seems like when I switched it to a 3k gt brake setup it had banjos on all 4 brakes.

The line from the caliper to the strut mount should be flexible with a male end that threads into the caliper and a female end at the strut mount that's held in the mount with a spring clip. Another flexible line runs from the strut mount to the hard line on the wheel well.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just take the lines off and start from the caliper back to the hard line. I had to do this on my sons car because the last dumb azz just tightened it up and the line was rubbing the cv boot. The brake line was half worn in two and the boot was throwing grease out everywhere. Oh wait I got here from the "Whats annoying you thread" http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/hangout/412731-whats-annoying-you-3.html#post152714779 but going off what you posted trying to help and now I'm saying whats annoying me!

awesome! thats what i was thinking but i just really needed confirmation.

so update: i just did this (working from the caliper to the hard line) and when i went to undo the hard line it effin broke! it rusted apart! so now instead of dealing with it later down the road im gonna replace all the brake lines all the way to the front. and then i noticed the edge of my gas tank is flaking apart along with all the bolts! and so i looked at the lines and there also rusting/flaking! so while im at it i figure i might as well replace those too! will this cycle ever stop? :(

what are my steps for replacing these lines? do i just have to buy that flexible brake line that i used on my other car? or do they sell full fuel bundles with the brake lines on them? or has anyone created a custom brake line setup?

You just buy the line, bend it and run it.
You sure are putting alot of money and time in that car.
You know you want my 13b!

Tighten the one side take the Cooper off and spin the caliper that's what I did.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back