The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

90mm Throttle Body choices

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ba109296

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 7, 2005
ft lupton, Colorado
So I guess this can be used for any size tb but the 90 is what I need.
I have a magnus intake manifold on my evo and need a tb to match.
Manifold has a ford bolt pattern.

I used a boomba at first. Broke the plate. And to boot it was 75mm. I don't really see a need to use a small tb if the intake manifold hole is larger.

I then used 2 q45s. Both leak like crazy. I tried replacing the seals and that just didn't work well.

So what choices are there??

Accufab? A TON of horror stories not holding boost
hypertune? Very nice but might take weeks to months to get
wilson? Heard they are having issues with shaft breakage
ross racing? Just ran accross the supra guys using these

Any other experiences? I need one and I don't want to have to buy again.
I am super picky with my boost leaks seeing as I will be running around 40psi.

Alot of the ford guys don't run turbos though.
I talked to a bunch of them and none seem to even know what a boost leak test is.

yeah right man maybe the ones you talk to LOL most ford 5.0 guys with money run a turbo or procharger set up. any who are you wanting to buy it brand new or used and rebuild it? ross racing looks like your best shot for the price any other TB i seen was over $400

Not sure yet.
I really would like feedback on them but it looks like most people don't use any of them.

Best bet is to go with a newer Mustang TB. Since its new the seals should be good... & most people think a 75 is too big... but dang a 90mm?

Dont get one of the godspeed or whatever cheep-o throttle bodys. I have a 104mm (4.5") and it sucks for tuning. no idle valve, no FIAV and ISC makes starting the engine on E85 REALLY tough. just a set screw to hold the throttle plate open for idle, and a bracket for the TPS. pain in the butt! Wish i could go back to a 6 bolt throttle body. someday soon...

I would have never bought this setup but it came with the built engine I bought for a pretty good deal. its an ebay product, PNT performance SMIM and a garbage throttle body to match.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back